Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 05, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
No offence to you guys going in May, but a nice delay of a few weeks would be very welcome, anytime after 4th June would be great
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 05, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Ooohh I was planning to go to Cocoa Beach as well. My son is an absolute space nut, even more so since NASA sent an astronaut to his school in Lanarkshire, and its his birthday on the 18th of May. I looked at getting KSC tickets and I don't think at that price they are very expensive, but like others I believe the launch will be delayed
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 05, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Stuart_D
Ooohh I was planning to go to Cocoa Beach as well. My son is an absolute space nut, even more so since NASA sent an astronaut to his school in Lanarkshire, and its his birthday on the 18th of May. I looked at getting KSC tickets and I don't think at that price they are very expensive, but like others I believe the launch will be delayed
Hi Stuart,

We watched a launch in August 2001 from Cocoa Beach(great view for free) the day after we were at KSC when the launch was delayed with just minutes to go!

I've been a space nut since I was a kid and to see and hear the launch was a lifelong ambition. With any luck we hope to see another launch this year in August.

I wish they'd sent an Astronaut to my Lanarkshire school when I was a boy. I'm originally from Lanark but now live in sunny Dorset.

Good luck with the launch; your son will be amazed!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 05, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thanks for the info Jambo, Cocoa Beach it is then. I just hope the launch goes ahead while we are out there.

We're from Wishaw.

I've spoken to my son and he's told me I've got the story all wrong. Apparently North Lanarkshire won some kind of competition and a guy from NASA came out and did a tour of some of the local primary schools. His wife was the astronaut but she had died on one of the previous Space Shuttle Missions - Scott thinks it was the one that exploded on launch. By all accounts anyway this guy fired up all the kids to try and reach for their dreams and he was so full of passion when talking about space travel that most of the kids were totally hooked.

It would be fantastic if we could experience a launch as well and it would just make a dream holiday even better.
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 05, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Shuttle launch

We saw STS-96 Discovery launch 27th may 1999 lucky for us it was cancelled from the week before we saw it from the beach at Titusville for free drove up early hours the roads were empty . Launched just after sunrise what an amazing sight hope to see it again one day .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 05, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread