Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 05, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
eblondie26
Getting Excited

Big Cat Rescue

Has anyone actually been here bigcatrescue/ ?

Ive seen information on it on here but Im looking for a review from someone who has visited.

Thanks
eblondie26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 05, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

My mum and dad went. You have to make an appointment and its opening hours are strange. Its tucked away down a lane opp a shopping centre.

Sadly the day my parents went it was closed.
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 05, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bevc
VIP Dibber

We went last year. Try contacting Doormatt via the Dibb. He is a volunteer there and he arranged to meet us when we arrived and did the tour with us. Also, his advice before we went was invaluable. He is a really nice guy and passionate about the cats. It's a small intimate place and my DH loved it as he is a big cat fan. Make sure you set out early though as it's so hard to find that you will need to allow plenty of time for trying to find it.

Bev C
bevc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 05, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Doormatt65
Gone all Goofy

Hi Everyone,

I'm still here. I check back every week or so.

Bev, thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. It was nice meeting you.

Eblondie26, I received an email notification that you tried to PM me. It said my box was full, but I only had about a dozen messages. I deleted a few of them. Also, since I am still considered a new member (because of my limited posts), I can only read messages- can't reply or send new PMs.

We are closed Sundays, but have regularly scheduled tours the other 6 days. It's not like a zoo where you can just walk around.
Because you are allowed so close to the animals, you have to be on a guided tour.

Monday through Friday, tours are at 9:00 and 3:00. Saturdays, the tours are at 9:30, 11:30 and 1:30. Children under 10 are only allowed on special kids tours at 9:00 on Saturdays. We need to keep the amount of children down to a minimum because the cats are VERY interested in them and can get excited.

The sanctuary can be hard to find because of all the development that has occurred all around us. Fortunately, the city has put up some signs that guide visitors in the right direction.

Anyone that wants more info can contact me via email:
matt_ruszczyk at yahoo.com or just post here for everyone can see it. If anyone from this board is planning on visiting, let me know and I will try to arrang it so I can be your tour guide.

I am always happy to answer questions and offer some advice.

Matt
Doormatt65 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 05, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bevc
VIP Dibber

Great to know that you are still around Matt. We still have fond memories of our visit and meeting with you last year. We will be in Fl again in September but won't be able to get to see you at Big Cat Rescue as we won't have anyone to look after our daughter and much as we loved the cats, we don't really want our daughter turned into Tiger Food! Hope to see you again soon though.

Bev
bevc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 05, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi

Cannot get the web page for this to show is anyone else having this problem?

Anne
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 05, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Doormatt65
Gone all Goofy

It's loading for me. The site is pretty graphics-intensive and can take a while to load, even with broadband. Also, in the past I have heard people say they have had problems when using a browser other than Internet Explorer.

If the browser issue turns out to be your problem, let me know and I will notify the webmaster.

Matt
Doormatt65 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 05, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Doormatt65
Gone all Goofy

Get in touch with me prior to your trip. I will try to arrange it so I can be your tour guide.

If you like cats, you will love our sanctuary.

If you have the time, I highly recommend our full-day Expedition:

bigcatrescue/animal_encounters.htm

You get to do a lot of up-close fun things and even get to take part in feeding (see link above). The coolest part of feeding is getting close to Shere Khan our massive 850 pound tiger. He's a gentle giant, but his size is intimidating.

The Expedition is offered only on Thursday- Saturday. I would recommend doing it on Thursday or Friday to increase the likelihood of a smaller group. You can also stay overnight for an additional charge.

Matt

Edited at 03:24 PM.
Old 7 Apr 05, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread