Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 05, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Medieval Times

Is this worth the money, it seems very expensive and also does anyone know whether it is best to book now or wait until we get there?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 05, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

There's quite a few threads on it if you do a search.

We've never done any of these as there's so much else to do.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 05, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I went last time I was there and (surprisingly) thoroughly enjoyed it. I was looking for an evening show for when we go again in June, however when I looked at the prices, Medieval was the most expensive, so although it was good, I doubt it is the best value for money. I think we'll either try Pirates or Dolly Partons this time. I'll buy my tickets from someone like Mapleleaftickets.com when I get out there. They are just across the road from Medieval.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 05, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The show is fantastic, but it is very expensive and they try desperately to squeeze every last penny out of you.

When you get there, there is a long wait before everything starts so are shown around the stables where they have traditional craftsmen making different things that are for sale. Its interesting enough though, but watch you don't buy some peice of tat just because you feel the need to buy something.

Then in the bar they flog you tankards which look nice on the night but flake as soon as you get home and they have the inevitable pictures which are quite good fun where they use a computer to manipulate the image so that you can have one of your kids pictured holding the other ones head with blood dripping from it. They also have that picture thats sold to you in the dark during the show... all of them appear to use that trick.

The food is pretty poor and its served like slop, but then I don't think anyone turns up at these things expecting top quality food.

The show though is excellent and the jousting is well worth the money on its own. We were lucky in that there was a really rowdy audience in the night we were there and a great atmosphere built up too with each section supporting different knights.

If you've got kids they will love it.
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 05, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies, that's decided us definitely to go. Our Grandson is 10 and I know he will love it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 05, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread