Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 13, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

So disappointed

Had booked our first ever cruise on Disney Dream for next October and paid for flydrive for the dates required. Have just had an email saying they are changing the dates and sailing a day later which means changing our flight home for either a day later or after 2 weeks in Disney. Hopefully it won't cost too much money to change flights because we were so excited to do this.
I know this sort of things probably happens a lot. Just needed a moan
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Is there another cruise within the time period of your flights?
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Did Disney change the sail date ?...that's actually very rare this close to sailing if you mean Oct 2013... and if so, DCL would normally do their best to accommodate you on alternative sail dates at no extra cost and/or compensate you in some other way (I have heard of them paying flight amendment fees in the past when they done a last minute (ie less than 12 months) change... even if its 2014 it may still be worth asking what DCL can do if you supply them with proof of your flight booking.

... If 2014 prices shouldn't have changed too much since announcement date, and you are certainly able to re-arrange cruise dates as DCL don't make charges for this, so no amendment fees ..of course a different cruise could be more expensive though...but's that's where I'd expect DCL to show some lee way with you if they made the change.

Who did you book the cruise with ?... are you sure its not your T/A's mistake ?

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 04:46 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I was thinking the same as Judy .. that DCL have offered to pay the difference in flight costs if it's their change.

Of course, if it's a TA that's made the mistake, I would expect them to make up the difference.

Don't worry about moaning on here .. we can all sympathise.
Old 3 Jun 13, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

It's for October 2014. Apparently they have changed the days that the 3 night Dream sails. Luckily there isn't any charge to move the flights back one day so we've just paid for one extra night in villa. We'll have one extra day holiday which is such a hardship
Thanks for letting me moan. So happy we're still going. Hope they don't change it again!
Old 3 Jun 13, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes I heard a few people moaning ion another site, theirs was moved also. One cruise posters was moved out over 3wks on the magic.

Edited at 05:55 PM.
Old 3 Jun 13, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

A month? ! I can't complain over a day!
Old 3 Jun 13, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked four night cruise October 2014 and they have changed our dates Moved forward by one day. Such a pain because we have booked to stay in Animal Kingdom Lodge for ten days after cruise and we have all (DH, DS and me) already booked holiday off at work. Will just have to contact Disney change dates by one day I guess but all such a pain. I suppose this is the price you pay for booking everything so far in advance. Still I think we now get to go to the MVMCP as I think we were going to miss this by one day.

Edited at 06:15 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amy1511
Imagineer

amy1511's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Can I ask what dates this is for because we have our first cruise booked for Oct 14, cruise is at the beginning of our holiday
amy1511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I might be wrong - but over a period of time I have been looking at the 3 and 4 night Dream sailings, and I noticed when I looked yesterday that they had changed the dates on them all (to be honest when I saw it yesterday I just thought I had got it wrong - but now reading this thread I actually don't think it was me! )

They are now having the 4 nights sailing out on a Sunday returning on a Thursday (rather than Sat-wed), and the 3 nights from Thursday to Sunday (rather than wed -sat).

I have only looked at August dates - but I'm assuming the whole year in affected, to keep in the rhythm of it - but that's just a guess on my part!

Edited at 07:55 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread