Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Never had a problem. I ask for well done every time and always get it that way without any attitude.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We are just back, and visited Longhorns twice. My 2 DD's and I always order our steaks well done, DH asks for Medium Well. It was 2 different Longhorns we visited and didn't have a problem in either. No snide remarks or looking down at us at all. I had a steak in Applebees as well, no problem asking for well done there either.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WeluvDisney2016
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for comments they've made me feel far more confident that I wont get scoffed at

I've experienced a few comments whilst in various restaurants on Idrive, I think im just too sensitive because people's comments really stick with me
I remember we were in Chili's once and I ordered a rack of ribs, the server looked at me in horror and said something along the lines of "you're gonna eat all of that! " Needless to say I felt like a right fat moo

Im gonna start getting into the mentality of "Stuff em im on holiday and if u dont like it then expect a smaller tip!" Lol

Really looking forward to Longhorns and cowfish now, got my eye on a steak with a loaded baked potato and a rise and swine burger. Not at the same time of course as then I really would be a fat moo
WeluvDisney2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WeluvDisney2016 View Post
Thank you all for comments they've made me feel far more confident that I wont get scoffed at

I've experienced a few comments whilst in various restaurants on Idrive, I think im just too sensitive because people's comments really stick with me
I remember we were in Chili's once and I ordered a rack of ribs, the server looked at me in horror and said something along the lines of "you're gonna eat all of that! " Needless to say I felt like a right fat moo

Im gonna start getting into the mentality of "Stuff em im on holiday and if u dont like it then expect a smaller tip!" Lol

Really looking forward to Longhorns and cowfish now, got my eye on a steak with a loaded baked potato and a rise and swine burger. Not at the same time of course as then I really would be a fat moo

You can have a baked sweet potato topped with cinnamon butter and marshmallows if you like at Longhorn. Have to say though that it's an acquired taste

Mick
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WeluvDisney2016
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You can have a baked sweet potato topped with cinnamon butter and marshmallows if you like at Longhorn. Have to say though that it's an acquired taste

Mick
Mmmm think i'll leave that side alone Thanks for the tip tho Mick
WeluvDisney2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Not the sweet potato but the loaded baked potato is lovely though. Perfectly cooked with cheese, bacon crumbles and spring onions sprinkled on top.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have always been of the opinion that when I order food, it is imperative that the food is cooked the way I want it. Burgers, steak etc will always be sent back if they are not the way I have asked them to be cooked. It is up to the server to ensure that myself and my family get what we have asked for.

BTW, I expect the same when we dine out back here as well.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
I always ask for well done.
DH rolls his eyes at me and tells me I'm not getting the meat at its tastiest... But I like well done and will always order well done not bothered what others think! I've been known to send it back if it's not cremated enough!
DH & DD are used to me ordering my steak cremated They like theirs rare Last year at the Outback my steak was definitely rare & I sent it back. I did get some eye rolling from the server as she took it back. When it was returned, they'd obviously just taken it from the plate, cooked it for a bit longer and plonked it back on the plate. The baked potato was therefore cold and the blood/juices from the steak had soaked into it - yuk!

I didn't bother complaining as the server was conveniently not to be seen. No tip left, and won't be returning again.

Deb
Old 26 Jun 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread