Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Norwegian Alaska cruise tour summer 2018 - amazing glitch price

I've been looking for an Alaska cruise for next August (2018) and I've just booked at an AMAZING price!

I was looking at the NCL website and saw that their cruise tours were exactly the same price as the stand-alone cruise.
So the 14 night Authentic Southbound cruise tour (7 nights Fairbanks/Denali/Anchorage/Homer/Seward with lots of excursions included) followed by 7 nights on the Norwegian Sun ending at Vancouver was £949 pp for an inside cabin .

I did a dummy booking on the website and it all looked good so I phoned up and spoke to a NCL consultant. I was completely honest, said it looked like a mistake but if it was bookable I'd book there and then.

Anyway, she looked into it, phoned me back and encouraged me to book! Which I have! For six of us in one balcony and one inside cabin for July 24th next year!
Not only that, but I was also given free drinks packages and $200 obc!

I am so excited - I just can't believe it! I don't know if there will be problems with this booking in the future but all my confirmation has come through and the woman who sold me the cruise tour knew the whole situation and I have her direct line number, so who knows - we might be extremely lucky!

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? Has the fare been honoured?

All the prices are still on the website if anyone else wants to look.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

sounds fab well done! I'm waiting on November 2018 cruises at the moment

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

i did exactly the same for the 13th Aug sailing! saw the cruise and tour come available sunday afternoon, wasn't there saturday!
whoop whoop - fingers crossed they honour it!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
i did exactly the same for the 13th Aug sailing! saw the cruise and tour come available sunday afternoon, wasn't there saturday!
whoop whoop - fingers crossed they honour it!
Did you book online or through an agent?
Have you got all the confirmation through? The lady on the phone who checked did say that another family had booked the same deal for June.
Fingers crossed it all goes through - I keep looking at the itinerary and getting so excited! Do stay in touch

Edited at 09:04 PM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This looks amazing - unfortunately we already have 2 cruises booked - one this sept Southampton/Iceland/Canada/NYC and a Caribbean Cruise in Jan.

DH wont be persuaded

KAtie
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Where will you fly into and then home from? Great deal but flight prices worry me slightly
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
Where will you fly into and then home from? Great deal but flight prices worry me slightly
I'm not sure yet. I was thinking Air Transat to and from Vancouver and then local flights Vancouver - Anchorage - Fairbanks

But that research is next on my agenda. I think Iceland air fly to Anchorage via Iceland but I really don't know. Any ideas gratefully accepted!
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you. x
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I'm not sure yet. I was thinking Air Transat to and from Vancouver and then local flights Vancouver - Anchorage - Fairbanks

But that research is next on my agenda. I think Iceland air fly to Anchorage via Iceland but I really don't know. Any ideas gratefully accepted!
I might have to do a bit of exploring - it's tempting and I have a future cruise certificate to cover the deposit! I've just spotted that you're only up the road in Cambridge, we're just down the A10 in Royston.

Edited at 10:41 PM.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ive had a quick look - ever the optimist!

About £800 return with a few different airlines.

KAtie x x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List