Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jun 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't risk booking a TS meal as you never know if your flight will be on time ( Last year we were scheduled to land around 3pm but there was a massive storm in the area, there wasn't enough fuel to circle whilst it past so we had to fly onto Sanford, land & refuel, then sit on the runway until there was a slot for us to take off. We didn't get back to MCO until after 6pm and didn't arrive at our resort until after 8pm ).

We normally just unpack then head to the pool, unwind pick up something from the QS then hit the sack.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We normally just grab QS at the hotel but this time we will be stopping at NYC first for a few nights so expecting to be more attuned and got QS so will probably head to DS or MK for food unless the new CBR food court is open!
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't book a TS meal. Too many unknown variables and at some point you will hit the wall. It takes me over an hour to unpack properly (I like a nice organised hotel room &#128514 and then I like to explore the main pool/spa for half an hour after a quick bite to eat in the QS place. If it's a new resort to us I also like to explore and get my bearings.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It's a totally personal thing but I wouldn't book anything due to the possibility of flight delays but that doesn't mean you can't decide on the day to have a TS meal. We arrived relatively early last year and were at OKW and hungry at 4pm so we went to Olivia's. We had a lovely meal and were awake enough to enjoy it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't book anything and definitely not a 2 TS meal. We arrived later than you and headed into MK at about 8pm for a couple of hours, don't think we bothered eating at all as it was late.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I wouldn't book a table service meal, you don't know if your flight will be delayed or how tired you will feel. If you feel up to it catch the boat to Disney springs but I'd stick to quick service like Wolfgang pucks or blaze pizza. Last time I was tired and we only managed the food court. This time we don't land until 2000 so I'm think snacks only if anything at all!
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Thank you all so much for the advice - I knew you'd all know have a better idea than me! I've only been once before & stayed i a villa, our flight time was later so we just got rolls in Publix then bed.

I'm like a child so won't sleep on the way out due to excitement so will probably be tired, suspect finding a good QS at DS is probably going to suit us best. Thank you all so much!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The POR food court is excellent - not tried POFQ but sure it would be good too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We will arrive at our hotel at midnight at the earliest - definitely no meals for us just straight to bed!

It was an extra £750 to avoid a 5 hour wait in Atlanta. It's annoying but not worth paying £750 to get there earlier.

Edited at 06:31 AM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List