Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

DDP clarifications

Hi
We are off to Florida on 1st Aug, first time on the dining plan. I have a couple of questions if someone doesnt mind clarifying for me?

1. There are four of us 2A and 2C how do the credits work with the magic band? Do we all have all of them on and then they come off of all the bands as they are used or do we have them individually, will we all need to scan the bands to pay? Could the kids order and pay for something themselves if they / we wanted?

2. With the QS you get the meal & drink. How do you know what is is included for QS? Will it be somewhere on the menu? At Caseys Corner for example would you get a hot dog, fries and drink for a QS credit?

3. Can you switch the drinks for something else?

Thanks
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Craft-ique View Post
Hi
We are off to Florida on 1st Aug, first time on the dining plan. I have a couple of questions if someone doesnt mind clarifying for me?

1. There are four of us 2A and 2C how do the credits work with the magic band? Do we all have all of them on and then they come off of all the bands as they are used or do we have them individually, will we all need to scan the bands to pay? Could the kids order and pay for something themselves if they / we wanted?

2. With the QS you get the meal & drink. How do you know what is is included for QS? Will it be somewhere on the menu? At Caseys Corner for example would you get a hot dog, fries and drink for a QS credit?

3. Can you switch the drinks for something else?

Thanks
So i will go through 1 by 1.

1) All of the credits are available on all of the bands. So in theory any of you could go somewhere and order just one thing, or you could order say 10 things. The credits aren't split by people or by days so you can use them as and how you want to. Yes your children can go and get something if they wanted to. You would have to tell them the 4 digit pin though, and this is what they would also use for charging something to the room so may just be worth mentioning that to them.

2) from a quick service counter you can order (pretty much) any combination meal from the menu and it is included. There are a couple of exceptions. A combination meal would be something containing for example a burger and chips or a hot dog and chips. Obviously there are exceptions to that too. But as I say when you see the menu it is very straightforward to see what is included

3) you used to be able to swap your drink for a dessert. Since they have made the change to no dessert and 2 snack credits it seems like this is stopping, not many people have been able to do this. I didn't try and I am always thirsty with food. You can however swap your drinks for a side/dessert in the resorts as you have your refillable mug for drinks
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a read of this thread I created for people new to dining plans.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Qs credits are not split adult and child so your children can have adult food if they prefer. Portions are large so eg share 2 or 3 adult qs between 3. Spares can be converted to snacks, used for breakfast etc.
If in doubt just ask Disney staff they are helpful.
I'd also recommend the dining reviews section on here lots of pics of the types of meals you can get. Link to my last October 2016 ddp food review is in my signature.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List