Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Grandview Las Vegas

Has anyone stayed here? Just wondering what it's like as reviews are a bit mixed. I like it's proximity to Southpoint. We're after a condo/suites type of accommodation as we will have our 2 grown up sons with us & suites seem a cheaper alternative to getting 2 hotel rooms.
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Has anyone stayed here? Just wondering what it's like as reviews are a bit mixed. I like it's proximity to Southpoint. We're after a condo/suites type of accommodation as we will have our 2 grown up sons with us & suites seem a cheaper alternative to getting 2 hotel rooms.
I haven't but I know friends from race teams that do during the NASCAR... Not heard them moaning ;-)

I have looked around it outside before and its very nice has pools one being specifically for children , small golf course and several BBQ grills you can use.

We would quite happily stay there..Its about a 2 min walk to South Point for the buffet/cinema/bowling alley..

I do know its virtually all non smoking, I think there are only 2 or 3 levels in a few of the buildings that have smoking rooms. Which appeals to us as non smokers.

Oh and the manager is lovely lol, We met him when having a wander and he was extremely friendly..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Daytonababe, It's been a toss up between here & Tahiti Village, Grandview is slightly cheaper but a few reviews mentioned cockroaches & bed bugs which just about put me off until I saw how massive the complex is so I'm trying to convince myself these things happen where there's thousands of people staying (Urgh I'm not doing a very good job of convincing myself here !). We just like the fact it's so close to Southpoint that if our sons get restless (not ones to lay around the pool) they can stroll over to there. We've considered a private condo but again there'll be nothing for the boys to do. Do you think it's too early to book for next June? We're booking through a private owner so he only has that one unit, if we go direct through Grandview it works out really expensive so it's a case of do we book now or risk loosing out? :/
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Must be lots of private units for rent as it's a timeshare have you looked on VRBO ? One advantage of booking direct with Grandview I suppose is if there is a issue the have other units to move you too . But in my experience of Vegas hotels aren't reasonable till the 6 months mark at least .

Re bed bugs I've of the opinion they can be anywhere there was a video recently doing the rounds of bed bugs in the mgm . We got them from what was the Quality Inn plaza Orlando and a premier inn here ..probably the same with cockroachs not that I've ever seen one in Vegas .

It's a huge complex .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
To add at almost a year out prices will be high . We go in march and prices have started to drop in the last month , at the year point they were silly money .
Old 14 Jul 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
To add at almost a year out prices will be high . We go in march and prices have started to drop in the last month , at the year point they were silly money .
Yeah that's it I think it is probably far too early. We've noticed alot of places are saying they're "sold out for our dates" but obviously that can't be true nearly a year in advance. I'll have to rein myself in and stop looking for a while yet, getting carried away with the planning .
Old 14 Jul 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Yeah that's it I think it is probably far too early. We've noticed alot of places are saying they're "sold out for our dates" but obviously that can't be true nearly a year in advance. I'll have to rein myself in and stop looking for a while yet, getting carried away with the planning .
No aren't sold out they just haven't released prices yet