Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfool
Apprentice Imagineer

Magic Bands at 2 Hotels

If we already have Magic Bands for our 11 night holiday, with Dining and Fastpass bookings linked to them, what do we do if we stay in a different Disney Resort for 1 night.

We haven't cancelled the night we won't be in our other Hotel, as we'd lose the free DDP.

If we refuse the new Magic Bands, how will we get in and out of our room at the new Hotel that we're staying in for one night?

Will they provide a card so we can get into our room?
Disneyfool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Your Magic band(s) is linked to your MDE account so your original band will be able to access your single night room too. I would pick up your bands when you check into your second resort. Get them in a different colour and the you can coordinate with whatever you are wearing.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Your MDE account is your key and your DDP credit storage. Any bands you have (be it 1 or 50 of them) is linked to your MDE, rather than the other way round.

If your 1 night stay is linked to your MDE account your original bands from the longer stay hotel will open your new hotel's door. Likewise, after the say, you can use your 2nd lot of magic bands to open the other door, too. You can use 1 set one day, and the other the next! They'll operate whatever is linked to your MDE account

(And yes, you can decline a 2nd lot of magic bands and request a card for the 2nd room if you wanted to).
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfool
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm keeping this a secret from DW & 2 X DS's, so I had to create another MDE account.

Do you think this may cause us problems?

Our original Magic Bands will obviously work for Fastpass and DDP, we'll just need to be able to get into the new room.

Or for ease of use shall I delete the new account, link both reservations to my one MDE account, and not let them check MDE?
Disneyfool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

In that case you can just pick up the new set of Magic Bands when you check in to the new hotel? And keep your original ones with your tickets etc linked. Or, again, you could decline the magic bands and ask at check in to be given cards as your keys.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bomb Jack
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a similar scenario.

8 nights booked at CBR with ADR's and Fastpasses linked to our MagicBands/MDE account.

I have booked 2 separate nights in 2 other Resorts.

How do I delete my newer, second MDE account please, so all 3 Resorts are on one MagicBand account?
Bomb Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bomb Jack View Post
I have a similar scenario.

8 nights booked at CBR with ADR's and Fastpasses linked to our MagicBands/MDE account.

I have booked 2 separate nights in 2 other Resorts.

How do I delete my newer, second MDE account please, so all 3 Resorts are on one MagicBand account?
Your best ringing up to do this it only takes a few minutes.
Old 22 Jul 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
If your 1 night stay is linked to your MDE account your original bands from the longer stay hotel will open your new hotel's door. Likewise, after the say, you can use your 2nd lot of magic bands to open the other door, too. You can use 1 set one day, and the other the next! They'll operate whatever is linked to your MDE account

I very much doubt that.

OP is having a one nighter while still being checked in their first hotel.

I may be wrong, but a magic band can only open one room at the same time, not multiple rooms at separate hotels.

if the 1 night had been after the end of the first stay, then alright, both sets of MBs would open stay #2 room.

but entering the #2 hotel while being check in at hotel #1 would probably be registered by MDX as a check out from hotel #1 which would be rather unfortunate.

I had this issue a few years ago, and was instructed to book hotel #2 (double booking) on a separate account to avoid conflicts in the system.

They may have resolved the issue with the system, but it's probably best to check with Disney, or with someone who has first hand experience of being checked in at 2 hotels simultaneously on the same MDX (and using the same MB to access 2 rooms at the same time)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyfool View Post
I'm keeping this a secret from DW & 2 X DS's, so I had to create another MDE account.

Do you think this may cause us problems?

Our original Magic Bands will obviously work for Fastpass and DDP, we'll just need to be able to get into the new room.

Or for ease of use shall I delete the new account, link both reservations to my one MDE account, and not let them check MDE?
You have done the right thing by creating a new account, you will use your 2nd magic bands for you 2nd hotel's room and your original ones for parks and credits. From what I have read your more likely to have a problem if you link both bookings to the same account.

have a read of this thread it has people who have done what your planning to do.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... ls+same+time
Old 22 Jul 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bomb Jack View Post

Do not do that.

As soon as you check in at a new hotel, with the same MDX, you check out from the previous one, and lose any benefit from that hotel

for example

if you have a 14 nights stay at Beach Club, with Disney Dining Plan. Linked to your MDX account.

If on day 7 you check in at Grand Floridian, for one night. Linked to the same MDX as the Beach Club stay

then MDX will see you checked out from Beach Club, because you can't stay at 2 hotels, can you ?

the consequences are dire.
At midninght on the day you check in at Grand Floridian, your Beach Club dining credits expire.
and the next morning you can't go back to Beach Club because you no longer have a room there, even though you paid for it. You have checked out.

the only way to have a double night, is to link it to another MDX (if you want a MB) or not link it at all, and get key cards as room keys for the double night.

Do not link overlapping stays on the same MDX
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List