Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Jun 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile Upgrading directly with Cabana Bay

I've booked flights and 2 weeks at Cabana Bay (standard room) through TC. I've asked for a quote from TC to upgrade to a tower family suite and although they quote £392 for the room upgrade they also advise that I will lose some of my original online discount, therefore I will actually have to pay £516 to upgrade! I've contacted Cabana Bay to try and upgrade directly with them but they are saying I can only do this with TC?
Has anyone managed to upgrade directly with Cabana Bay on check in and how much did you have to pay? (If you don't mind me asking lol?)
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
liamis2cool
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I've booked flights and 2 weeks at Cabana Bay (standard room) through TC. I've asked for a quote from TC to upgrade to a tower family suite and although they quote £392 for the room upgrade they also advise that I will lose some of my original online discount, therefore I will actually have to pay £516 to upgrade! I've contacted Cabana Bay to try and upgrade directly with them but they are saying I can only do this with TC?
Has anyone managed to upgrade directly with Cabana Bay on check in and how much did you have to pay? (If you don't mind me asking lol?)
Cant tell you the price, we was lucky enough to be "upgraded" to a family suite for free in October last year, and the people who checked in next to us did upgrade at the front desk directly, so if you would prefer to hang it out till then it is a option.
1992 - Disney Carribean Beach Resort, 1994 - Disney Carribean Beach Resort, 1998 - Disney Carribean Beach Resort, 2011 - International Drive - Hilton Double Tree By Sea World, 2011 - Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs Resort,iDrive - Hilton Double Tree by Universal 2013 2016 - Disney Carribean Beach/Universal Cabana Bay
liamis2cool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by liamis2cool View Post
Cant tell you the price, we was lucky enough to be "upgraded" to a family suite for free in October last year, and the people who checked in next to us did upgrade at the front desk directly, so if you would prefer to hang it out till then it is a option.
Thanks, I think we'll just see if we can upgrade when we arrive then!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked 2 weeks August 18 with Thomson in a standard room.When I checked earlier this week a family's suite is actually cheaper for my dates (17th onwards) if booked direct.I e mailed the hotel who said that I should book any changes with the TA in U.K. or enquire at check in.
I havnt spoken to TA as I wouldn't hold out any hope of changing it free even though the rooms are cheaper .There are 3 of us and the room wasn't offered at the time of booking .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
I have booked 2 weeks August 18 with Thomson in a standard room.When I checked earlier this week a family's suite is actually cheaper for my dates (17th onwards) if booked direct.I e mailed the hotel who said that I should book any changes with the TA in U.K. or enquire at check in.
I havnt spoken to TA as I wouldn't hold out any hope of changing it free even though the rooms are cheaper .There are 3 of us and the room wasn't offered at the time of booking .
I would never book through a TA again, it's been one thing after another with TC and I feel like I'm being held to ransom by them most of the time. I don't mind paying the £392 upgrade fee but I balk at the fact that I would lose some of my original online discount because I upgraded!
I think I'll just try my luck at check-in lol 😂
Old 19 Jul 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

We upgraded a while ago with Thomas Cook and did it on the online chat, we lost none of our original discount and got a great upgrade price. This was probably 2-3 months ago now and we go in August.
We booked originally with a Thomas Cook store but was still given discount.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't tell you a price but Universal upgraded us no questions asked as we had a few issues with our room. My advice, if you're not totally happy (I.e it overlooks construction) try your hand, we did! x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=
I think I'll just try my luck at check-in lol 😂[/QUOTE]

This is what the hotel have advised us but in my mind if a suite is cheaper than we are already paying for a standard they could give us the suite and re sell our room I'm not asking for he difference back !
Thomson are not showing any availability for Cabana Bay from our local airport on our dates now
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Do online chart every few days til you get a price you're happy with. They're never consistent!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
We upgraded a while ago with Thomas Cook and did it on the online chat, we lost none of our original discount and got a great upgrade price. This was probably 2-3 months ago now and we go in August.
We booked originally with a Thomas Cook store but was still given discount.
I tried via online chat but they just do it as a new booking which I don't understand, I might try giving them a ring tomorrow morning and see what they say