Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jul 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivan Drago
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Stayed at Holiday Inn Express at airport and Courtyard by Marriot, both excellent..As far as Normandy hotel, I've a friend who lives in Dumbarton and stayed there this year..Never again, yet in the 60's it was a great hotel..Shame..
Thanks Coda, we're booked to park at the airport so I'll check those out. Thanks
Ivan Drago is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mmorrice
Apprentice Imagineer

The Premier Inn at Glasgow airport is a nice hotel - usually cheapest if you book direct. We had a room last year that only cost about £29!

We stayed once in the Normandy - no issues about the parking but the hotel wasn't great.
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYPRINCESS5 View Post
Thats my view aswell, We are at Disney On Ice the night before and id rather save my money and spend it on something in Disney than fork out for a dear hotel
Exactly and as I'll be sharing with kids too there will be little to no sleep for me 😂😂😂
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Yehhhh, The Normandy. A modest independent hotel, home to hen parties /stag dos and themed party nights. Always looking to turn a buck.

Its not the best. But their long term car park is well hidden from casual nosey people. Ironically when you do a google map search, the first thing you see is a travelling community squatting 30 metres away on demolished retail park land. (They're not there now...keep on getting moved on ...and returning... but never do any harm).
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYPRINCESS5
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
Yehhhh, The Normandy. A modest independent hotel, home to hen parties /stag dos and themed party nights. Always looking to turn a buck.

Its not the best. But their long term car park is well hidden from casual nosey people. Ironically when you do a google map search, the first thing you see is a travelling community squatting 30 metres away on demolished retail park land. (They're not there now...keep on getting moved on ...and returning... but never do any harm).
The premier inn is coming up at £85 for us with our parking coming up at £65 and the Normandy is £60 with parking for 2 weeks. It feels like a no brainer. It really is just a bed for the night as we wont be in the hotel at night anyway as we are going to Disney On Ice at Braehead. And we will be up and away by 7 anyway. Ive had a quick look and no tribute nights scheduled for that weekend thankfully. My husband sleeps through anything luckily enough as long as their carpark is secure then thats all i was worrying about thanks

PROUD DVC OWNER AT THE POLYNESIAN
DISNEYPRINCESS5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYPRINCESS5
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
Exactly and as I'll be sharing with kids too there will be little to no sleep for me 😂😂😂
Well this is it as i said above its a good saving by doing the Normandy so just going to go for it! Whats one night of noise (if there is) before i head off off for 2 weeks of Sunshine in the House of Mouse eh!

PROUD DVC OWNER AT THE POLYNESIAN
DISNEYPRINCESS5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List