Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jul 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Dinner at BOG - How long will it take?

We have booked dinner at BOG for our second day there (Sep 9th), and the only time I could get was 7.40pm (booked on the dot at 180 days out!).

I am conscious that HEA fireworks are at 9pm, and we may not get another opportunity to see them (we will see the MNSHP ones though), so I was wondering will it be a rushed dinner experience or will it come to a 'natural' end and we will be out in time? I could always arrive 10 minutes early, but you don't often get seated right away.

Also, when exiting BOG, is there a good nearby location to view the fireworks (we normally view from in front of the castle, near Main Street, but we might not get time to get back there for 9pm).

Thanks all.
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

I don't have an answer for you, sorry, but I'm glad you posted this as I'm having the same issue. I think I'm likely to cancel our BoG ADR because it'll be our last night and I don't want to miss the fireworks. Likewise, the dinner menu has never really appealed to me - we were just going to go 'just because'.
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm pretty sure my 2014 BOG was at this time and my notes tell me the fireworks were at 10pm back then. Someone might be along soon to give you a definite but I think you might be rushed, especially if your ADR is delayed at all.
Old 20 Jul 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
There are all sorts of factors: will you be shown to your table promptly or might you have to wait up to half a hour for a table to come free? Even if you're seated within minutes of your booked time, how long will you wait to have your order taken and then your food delivered?

Do you want to meet the Beast? You would need to add up to 15-20 minutes for that part: if you go out before seeing him I don't think they'll let you back in to meet him after the fireworks.

Re whether you can pop out and view the fireworks, the Beast's Castle is set back quite a way and you won't get a clear line of sight to Cinderella Castle to be able to view the fireworks from the BoG side of the bridge. The bulk of the fireworks actually go off behind the Beast's Castle, about half a mile from Cinderella Castle. We did watch them from New Fantasyland one year and were continuously turning our heads left to see the ones over Cinderella Castle and right to see the ones behind the Beast's Castle.

We had an 8pm ADR with the fireworks at 9pm, and we heard them going off with no easy way of getting to view them, which was disappointing. From memory we were seated quite promptly and a good 10 minutes were lost waiting for them to replace my undercooked steak so we were still finishing off our main course when the fireworks started going off.

On that basis alone, I think you'd be hard pushed to then get your desserts, get the check and settle up and get outside and over the bridge to watch the fireworks.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We never got straight to our table at BOG I think we waited 45 mins past our booking time once
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
There are all sorts of factors: will you be shown to your table promptly or might you have to wait up to half a hour for a table to come free? Even if you're seated within minutes of your booked time, how long will you wait to have your order taken and then your food delivered?

Do you want to meet the Beast? You would need to add up to 15-20 minutes for that part: if you go out before seeing him I don't think they'll let you back in to meet him after the fireworks.

Re whether you can pop out and view the fireworks, the Beast's Castle is set back quite a way and you won't get a clear line of sight to Cinderella Castle to be able to view the fireworks from the BoG side of the bridge. The bulk of the fireworks actually go off behind the Beast's Castle, about half a mile from Cinderella Castle. We did watch them from New Fantasyland one year and were continuously turning our heads left to see the ones over Cinderella Castle and right to see the ones behind the Beast's Castle.

We had an 8pm ADR with the fireworks at 9pm, and we heard them going off with no easy way of getting to view them, which was disappointing. From memory we were seated quite promptly and a good 10 minutes were lost waiting for them to replace my undercooked steak so we were still finishing off our main course when the fireworks started going off.

On that basis alone, I think you'd be hard pushed to then get your desserts, get the check and settle up and get outside and over the bridge to watch the fireworks.
Thanks for that comprehensive answer. That's a shame, but I will keep checking ADR, just in case one becomes available earlier...
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I think, with a little luck and planning, you might just be able to fit in.

First off, arrive at BOG check-in 15 minutes early.

Second, look at the menu online and know ahead of time what everyone is going to order. When you are seated, tell your server you are trying to make HEA (they will be used to hearing this...trust me) and order right away. Might want to ask about taking desserts to go maybe. That would save you some time, and you could enjoy the desserts after HEA.

BOG turns out food very quickly. As long as you don't mind moving at a brisk pace (I'm avoiding using the term 'rush'), you might be done a little before 9 (depending on what kind of line for the Beast you are looking at).

Positioning for HEA will be a challenge - how would you feel about watching it behind the castle by the exit to BOG? You won't be able to maneuver to the front of the castle in time - especially as the paths to the sides of the castle will be either closed or clogged with guests.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post

Second, look at the menu online and know ahead of time what everyone is going to order. When you are seated, tell your server you are trying to make HEA (they will be used to hearing this...trust me) and order right away. Might want to ask about taking desserts to go maybe. That would save you some time, and you could enjoy the desserts after HEA.

BOG turns out food very quickly. As long as you don't mind moving at a brisk pace (I'm avoiding using the term 'rush'), you might be done a little before 9 (depending on what kind of line for the Beast you are looking at).

Positioning for HEA will be a challenge - how would you feel about watching it behind the castle by the exit to BOG? You won't be able to maneuver to the front of the castle in time - especially as the paths to the sides of the castle will be either closed or clogged with guests.
Thanks, that sounds a possibility. To be honest, not fussed about beast, we will see him on the trip at another point, and we have seen him before, so happy to skip that if it will save time. Also happy with being 'brisk'! I know the food is not great, you go more for the experience, so happy to go with the flow. Appreciate your help here
Old 21 Jul 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

For what its worth, my family had eaten at BOG many times over the years and we've never had to wait very long for the Beast part at the end. Maybe 5 minutes, tops.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post

To be fair, we turned up early (it was raining and all the outside rides had closed) on the offchance they'd let us go in early. Unfortunately the answer was 'no'. We had to wait in the overpacked foyer.

Yes, you can watch the fireworks from New Fantasyland, but you won't see any of the projections as you'll be the wrong side of the Castle.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List