Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 09, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Cruise Booked - Now Flights.

Having never cruised before and always flown into Orlando airports I have a wee question.

I need to book flights and a nights acommodation at a hotel near Port canaveral.

Is MCO the best airport to fly to - 45ish mins to Cocoa beach or is another airport handier?

Thanks

Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Orlando(MCO) airport is the bst one to fly to. YOu can either stay thre the night and get Disney transfers(bookable), or hire a car for the day to gt you there. Some people like the experience of travelling on the cruise buses, but it can be expensive if there are a few of you. There are quite a few hotels at Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, swome with parking included and shuttles to the port, but we haven't stayed at one so can't recommend, sorry. We usually have a few days at WDW prior and drive from there.

You are going to have a fab time.
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Orlando(MCO) airport is the bst one to fly to. YOu can either stay thre the night and get Disney transfers(bookable), or hire a car for the day to gt you there. Some people like the experience of travelling on the cruise buses, but it can be expensive if there are a few of you. There are quite a few hotels at Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, swome with parking included and shuttles to the port, but we haven't stayed at one so can't recommend, sorry. We usually have a few days at WDW prior and drive from there.

You are going to have a fab time.
Lol Maz, I just popped some of those questions into another thread

Great, now I know MCO is the one to fly to I can start looking at and watching flights.

I didn't think about booking into the airport hotel as we were going to head to Cocoa Beach and stay.

Thanks for your help

Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hi

Depend which flight?

because I see you live in Ayr, can flight out from Glasgow to Stanford?

Last year I flew with flyglobespan to Stanford and booked private driver to take us to cocca beach and we stayed Raddison for two nights.

We will do it again for 2011.. we like Cocca Beach and like to return to different hotel but Raddison offered free shuttle to port also lift us to fishlip to meet the disboards people..

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by _tinkerbell_ View Post
Having never cruised before and always flown into Orlando airports I have a wee question.

I need to book flights and a nights acommodation at a hotel near Port canaveral.

Is MCO the best airport to fly to - 45ish mins to Cocoa beach or is another airport handier?

Thanks

MCO for schedule flights. SFB (Sanford) for charter. Sanford is nearer.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
orlando is the nearest (50 mins) then Sanford is an hour away. we flew in and out of miami because it was so much cheaper... very easy 3hour drive and one day rental was about £55 thro' Hertz for a 7 seater.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by W3LUM View Post
MCO for schedule flights. SFB (Sanford) for charter. Sanford is nearer.
another way round as MCO is near to Cocca Beach...

Sanford is a long way...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 09, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
orlando is the nearest (50 mins) then Sanford is an hour away. we flew in and out of miami because it was so much cheaper... very easy 3hour drive and one day rental was about £55 thro' Hertz for a 7 seater.
I will look into Miami flights and see what price difference is, just depends on whether we want to do the drive or not and if the price is enough to justify it. Thank I will check it out.

Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
another way round as MCO is near to Cocca Beach...

Sanford is a long way...

Scottishwee35
Prob go with MCO although it's gonna depend who we fly with this time. Used Glosbspan last August but usually use VA from Manchester to MCO. Will depend on who as best price I think.

Thanks for your help with the questions ive been firing
Old 28 Aug 09, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread