Old 1 Jun 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We took the plunge and did 7 nights there last year as a non-park start to our holiday (we did go into Universal and IOA once) before we moved on RPR.
First the bad - I'd spent a lot of time deliberating like you are and was convinced it was the right place for us. When we checked in DH hated it! We were in a Tower room and it was a bit of a maze with lots of entrances and a little confusing. Once he didn't like it he found it hard to see that the rooms were very nice in fact.

Now the good - it was full when we checked in but due to the Volcano Bay construction at the time they agreed to move us after the weekend. We moved to a Courtyard Suite and it was fab. DH was completely won over in the end. Atmosphere at the pools is great. Food court I found was excellent - so much choice and reasonable for the convenience. Refillable mugs. Very close to Dr Phillips area which has some lovely places to eat. Onsite Starbucks. Fabulous gym.

Only downside was the parking charge which I think is a little high for longer stay people.

Overall I would definitely say go for it and we'd go back in a flash. However, I wish I'd known how DH would react and have prepared him. When I spoke to friends who also had stayed there on our return they'd had a similar first reaction so I think it is a marmite place at first (I think they'd been afraid to say as they were worried they'd cause upset). Due to the room changes I spent a lot of time in reception (quite long queues but very helpful) and I found lots of other people also reacted the same.

Edited at 03:18 AM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Love it stayed 3 times
Did trip reports - October 14, October 15 and May 16

Shows how different we are. We loved the tower rooms with indoor corridors- straight in gate from parking and up lift to room. Great access to lazy river pool. Not keen on courtyard side, stayed 1 night due to correct room being unavailable. Motel style so like a Disney all star resort and pool isn't our fave. Horses for courses

Edited at 11:14 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We stayed November 2015. It was very quiet, barely saw another soul! People actually said that our photos seemed creepy with the deserted food court etc! Whole resort was lovely and clean but decor wasn't for us, seemed a bit hospital and sterile. We had an internal room which was a long walk away from anything but that didnt bother us. We found food court choices limited but see others here loved it so YMMV. Liked the cars outside and the bus service was superb. We had picked it for the bowling alley and lazy river and these were great. Staff were variable, usually they didn't seem overjoyed to be there and reception was quite surly. Overall no real complaints but wouldn't go back, would try out somewhere new
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Loved this place. We've just come back from a four hotel stay and was our favourite out of the four. Loved being there.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Loved this place. We've just come back from a four hotel stay and was our favourite out of the four. Loved being there.
we felt the same way, we did All stars Sports first, then Cabana Bay, then Rosen Inn at Pointe - wish we hadn't had to leave Cabana Bay, that hotel had the Wow factor for us which neither of the others did (and I loathed the colour scheme in the rooms at the Rosen Inn, mustard, sage and mahogany just isn't me, it felt claustrophobic).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tristan
Earning More Ears

Really glad to hear good reviews on this hotel, I haven't booked our trip but was made aware we are staying here and I'm looking forward to it! Does anyone know the deal with Volcano Bay? Is it included in admission if you have US/IoA tickets or do you have to pay extra? And also I assume it's very close to CBBR?

Next Trip:
April 2023 | Off-site | Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista
Previous Trips:
September 2017 | Off-site
Tristan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have also booked this hotel for this year. I've been reading a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor they are all mostly very good I've never stayed on site before so I'm really looking forward to it!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
Really glad to hear good reviews on this hotel, I haven't booked our trip but was made aware we are staying here and I'm looking forward to it! Does anyone know the deal with Volcano Bay? Is it included in admission if you have US/IoA tickets or do you have to pay extra? And also I assume it's very close to CBBR?
Yes volcano bay next to cabana, no need for bus. Volcano is included in Uk 14 day universal tickets.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gazpacho
Apprentice Imagineer

we love it at Cabana Bay Resort. Stayed in 2015, but opted for Sapphire Falls last year. It wasn't long before we headed over to the CBR pool, bowling alley and bar. This year we are back staying at Cabana Bay at one of the new towers (with a Voclano Bay view room request sent)

Edited at 09:56 AM.
Gazpacho is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Cool, can I ask where you sent your room request to?
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List