Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 31 May 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
r.mac
Excited about Disney

4th July plans...

Hello,

We are holidaying in Orlando over 4th July. The parks will be heaving, so we thought we would do something different.

We are hoping to fit in a trip to the Kennedy Space centre - not sure if the 4th is a good day for that or not?

Can anyone recommend something? Are there local parades or do we just accept everywhere will be rammed?!

Thanks x
r.mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Planning to go to celebration. Not sure what time to head there though.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Planning to go to celebration. Not sure what time to head there though.
Get there early if your heading to Magic we got there 3pm and within an hour it was rammed. What I will say the Fireworks surpassed anything I have ever seen and I don't really like them either. My tip would be if you do go try and secure some fast passes to keep you entertained but we also went on the people mover and the carousel of progress which wasted time and allowed us to sit for a while but bag your spot early doors as it soon becomes a bun fight.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Get there early if your heading to Magic we got there 3pm and within an hour it was rammed. What I will say the Fireworks surpassed anything I have ever seen and I don't really like them either. My tip would be if you do go try and secure some fast passes to keep you entertained but we also went on the people mover and the carousel of progress which wasted time and allowed us to sit for a while but bag your spot early doors as it soon becomes a bun fight.
It's celebration we plan to go to

Don't think I could be bothered about magic kingdom when it's so busy.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Celebration is going to be very busy too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We went one 4th July to Celebration and it was lovely to experience but really hot and busy. Next time we booked Discovery Cove for 4th and it was great. They have a limited number of tickets for each day, so no busier than any other day. Also worth bearing in mind - restaurants are also crazy busy then too.
Old 1 Jun 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
It's celebration we plan to go to

Don't think I could be bothered about magic kingdom when it's so busy.
Oh yeah miss read it. I recommend Magic though even though I was dreading it.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We did Magic Kingdom on the 3rd... They showed the July 4th fireworks boths night. It was spectacular, probably some of the best we've ever seen, but it was rammed. In Disney's defence they managed the crowds pretty impeccably.

For July 4th itself we did Epcot in the morning and then had a nice relaxed evening in the villa, cooked some American themed eats and relaxed in the pool area watching our neighbours set off fireworks.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
r.mac
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Some fun ideas there. We are celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary this trip. Perhaps the 4th is the night to celebrate with a big family BBQ at the villa all together?
r.mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We will be in MK on the 4th july.lol.
We will stay all day. Got fp in already 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List