Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jun 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

We stayed at AoA for a week Easter this year & paid oop for meals, we ate at AoA, CBR, POR, DS and parks no table service this time just QS meals & it was so much cheaper paying oop than if we'd bought Qsdp.

We bought resort refillable mugs for $18 each & that alone saved a fortune on drinks, we also had a Garden Grocer delivery, which we have even when we are on dining plan. 😊

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think by not paying for the QSDP it increases your flexibility a lot more! If you bought the QSDP you'd with have to stick to that to keep it to that price or you'll be spending £1300+ the extras anyway.

In your position I'd pay oop for my meals, get a garden grocer delivery/go to a supermarket for some in room breakfasts, drinks, bits for your baby and snacks and maybe buy the refill cups for the 2 of you.
Old 10 Jun 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I wouldn't pay for QSDP. Regular DDP maybe, but not because it makes the most financial sense. More because it forces me to actually go to the TS places and use the credits.

I appreciate good food but don't really prioritise it when there's other things going on, so DDP means I will actually make an effort to go places. Otherwise I'd probably live quite happily on snacks and kids QS meals.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We debated this too when we booked but decided to go with the 'free' QSDP just as it was then another thing taken care of. Just seemed easier for us to have it than not.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We've booked with free QSDP as we've never done it and DD16 really wants to try it. we've only paid the £100 dep so if its a lot cheaper w/o it I may change it - not sure how I'd tell DD though.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It never makes sense to pay for QS rather than OOP to make a saving. It just helps some people to have it for budgeting as then meals are all paid for in advance. If you can't get free dining then I'd be very surprised if you'd each spend (or want to spend?!) £45 per day on QS food: that £45 each (£90) would IMO be better spent OOP covering shared QS for breakfast/lunch and a sit down TS meal each day.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We stayed at AoA at Easter 2016 for 11 nights. 2 adults and 15 year old daughter so 3 adult meals. We booked 2 character breakfasts, BOG lunch and 1 ts meal plus we ate onsite every day. Sometimes my DD and I shared a meal as we weren't hungry enough for one each but we generally ate 2 meals a day plus a few cakes, icecreams, Starbuck's coffees etc. We spent just under £1000 on all food and drink (including around half a dozen beers).
We ate loads and didn't scrimp at all. Next trip we have free qsdp which we have upgraded to ddp so we can have a few more ts meals as we enjoyed those. But we would never pay for a dining plan, I feel its cheaper oop. Hope this helps

Edited at 10:56 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List