Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 21 Jun 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicky Mouse's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
This could be reaaaallllllyyyy dangerous for me - we quite often "pop to Costco" just for a look round or a box of washing powder, and 3 hours later we stagger out with more stuff than we can fit in the car. Can you imagine if we were let loose in a Costco over there? I'd need to charter a private plane just to get home!
Yep, we call it the £100 shop as it doesn't matter what we go for, we are never able to spend less than that
Saratoga Springs 2017
Heron Villa High Grove 2017, 2018, 2023
Nicky Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jjjamy View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies, not only am I excited to be going to Dinsney for the first time, I'm now excited about going to Costco 😀
We did this for the first time last year and it's brilliant. We had food there a few times too- soooo cheap😃😃😃
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicky Mouse View Post
Yep, we call it the £100 shop as it doesn't matter what we go for, we are never able to spend less than that
Ditto
Old 10 Jul 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sandmoggy
Staying in the Castle

Hi, does anyone know if they have the same system at Costco in US as they do here... trade only in the morning weekdays, public can go in afternoon? Or can you go there any time please? Thanks
sandmoggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandmoggy View Post
Hi, does anyone know if they have the same system at Costco in US as they do here... trade only in the morning weekdays, public can go in afternoon? Or can you go there any time please? Thanks

I've a 'public' membership, and have been able to go in, and shop, before 12 loads of times - so far - hope I don't jinx myself! I never get round to going when I'm in the States, so no idea how strict they are there.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sandmoggy
Staying in the Castle

Thanks Bella9, not sure if it's worth going to the effort, although we're in a villa for 3 weeks, so there possibly is money to be saved by buying things in bulk, like bottles of water, loo rolls etc. It's been 3 years since we were there, but I remember foodstuffs being expensive (and that was when the pound got us a lot more dollar! ) so maybe worth finding a Costco. x
sandmoggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandmoggy View Post
Thanks Bella9, not sure if it's worth going to the effort, although we're in a villa for 3 weeks, so there possibly is money to be saved by buying things in bulk, like bottles of water, loo rolls etc. It's been 3 years since we were there, but I remember foodstuffs being expensive (and that was when the pound got us a lot more dollar! ) so maybe worth finding a Costco. x
Yeah, definitely check out Costco while you're out there. We've stayed several times for 3 weeks (mainly villa based) and a 4 week stint, and made several Wal-Mart, Publix, Walgreen's, Super Target, $ shop, visits - mind you, we like supermarket, etc. shopping out there - I can't abide it here! However, for some reason I keep forgetting about Costco, hence, haven't shopped there yet.

Before I forget - Wal-Mart sell bottles of water in packages of 27, for around $4 when we last went in 2013. Also, crates of soda (24s).
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm going to give Costco a try this time in Florida! Thanks for the tip
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Which Costco is best (assuming there are more than 1)?
Old 11 Jul 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
Which Costco is best (assuming there are more than 1)?
There's only one iin the area, it's up near the Mall of Millenia/Super Target. The old location is a business centre only.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List