Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jun 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scotlandshones
Trying for More Ears

Golf Clubs

Hi, has anyone hired golf clubs when they have arrived, or does it work out cheaper to pay the luggage fee? TIA.
scotlandshones is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Depends on how often you want to play
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
As above, it depends on how often you want to play and the quality of clubs you are used too. DH plays 5-7 times (every other day) and therefore always takes his own, plus he is left handed player so hire clubs not guaranteed.
chrisxal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

OH always takes his own. It's cost us £65 each way but as he is playing 6 rounds it's worth it to pay
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chummy Bunny
Excited about Disney

Chummy Bunny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We take our own. Depending on how tight you can be with your luggage - it is possible not to pay extra. We are 2 adults and pack 2 sets of clubs in pencil bags in 1 aircraft golf club carrier bag within the 23kg allowance, this includes shoes and a few balls. We then share 23kg in a normal bag for our clothes etc. Our other travel companion manages clubs in a pencil bag and all their clothes etc in the 23kg golf carry bag. We all take a cabin suit case empty on the way our and crammed full on the way back!
Chummy Bunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We take golf clubs too, 2 half sets in one bag and a slim folding golf bag, there is 4 adults so take 3 cases and hand luggage works out ok

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi if you play more than once worth taking your own. This is the first year we will pay for taking a set in the last ten years we have been able to take them free. This year we will pay for one set , my hubby putts his socks/underwear in bags in the large pockets,spare trainer, so that is his hold bag. For him then a cabin bag is plenty of room for shorts and shirts, enough for seven days as we have washing facility's. Us ladies need some extra room.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

We take clubs on BA as check in luggage and rest in hand luggage so no extra charge. By the way that will be 4 weeks in November.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I always rent clubs, saves the agro of taking my own. They usually cost about $15 on average but the quality can vary quite a bit. That said they are usually fine if you're not taking it to seriously.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Always take my own

Whether I pay for them or not on the way back depends on how much we buy

I take my own as I want to get the maximum enjoyment out of playing when I am there and having my own clubs helps

The aggro of taking your won is minimal

A walk either end to the oversize baggage bit to have them loaded and sometimes they take a bit longer coming out than normal luggage

As others have said if we are struggling weight wise with our luggage the golf bag gets ladled with the extra weight.

Couldn't swear to it but I doubt it is subject to same weight restrictions
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List