Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 30 Jun 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
I've also got one eye on the Columbus game. Any recommendations on where's best to sit? My son and I have season tickets behind our goal end at home. I notice the same area in Orlando is a safe standing section.

Looks like there's a colour dress code for the safe standing area:

*SUPPORTER SECTION - Safe-standing section, no assigned locations. Instead of seats, each row as a rail that provides safety as well as a cup holder for drinks. When in the home supporter section, always wear purple! If purple isn't your thing then alternate colors are black, gray or white. Opposing colors of any team, not just the one playing, and/or non-Orlando City Soccer Club team apparel, will not be allowed into the section.

Regarding bags, here's the rules:

Please note The time for this game is 7:30pm *CLEAR BAG POLICY - To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite guest entry into the stadium, Orlando City Stadium policy limits and restricts the size and type of bags that are permitted into the stadium during Orlando City Stadium events and any other in-stadium public event. The Club encourage guests not to bring any bags, however the following will be permitted: One clear bag no larger than 12" by x 6" x 12" OR a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). Guests may carry a small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5" x 6.5", with or without a strap.
I was wondering about the best place to sit too! It's a 7:30pm kick off, so the sun will be on the way down, so I would reckon the best place might be the west stand so you don;t get blinded/cooked... or am I over-thinking this?!
Old 30 Jun 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Our seats were in Section 111, Row G 5 – 8. We wanted to be in the shade as it was a 4.00pm kick off. We were near where the teams coming out. I wouldn't have liked to sit on the opposite side in the sun but I am a redhead!

The few away fans that there were sat in section 108 or 109.

The Supporters Section behind the goal is a safe standing area. There is a designated smoke device area here, and the supporters in The Wall area use a lot of smoke!

There's a couple of photos in my report showing the shade and the smoke! Its here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1017992
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

We went in August a couple of years ago on the last night of our holiday. Match didn't finish for hours as continually halted due to weather. The atmosphere was amazing, the fans didn't stop singing and playing the drums! We ended up in the main supporters enclosure and the atmosphere was better than anything I've ever seen at an English football match
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
zece87
Excited about Disney

We went September 2015 and they played Sporting Kansas (OC Won 4-1 so was a good shout!)

Atmosphere is incredible considering it's not the main sport in the U.S. Fireworks after the national anthem and non stop singing all through the game.

It was in the old ground so can't comment on the new one, but we will definately go next September if there's a home game while we are over.

Note about people using Uber.. Fine getting there but after the game there was a price surge due to popularity and we got it when it was set at 2x the price (it did go up to 5x) so may be worth factoring that in.
2022 - Port Orleans Riverside
zece87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by zece87 View Post
Note about people using Uber.. Fine getting there but after the game there was a price surge due to popularity and we got it when it was set at 2x the price (it did go up to 5x) so may be worth factoring that in.
Thanks for heads up. Looking at the bus option for the return leg. There's a number 21 and 40 which both get to Universal. Costs $2 but takes just over an hour.

Does the surge price return to normal if you hang around after the game for an hour?
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
Thanks for heads up. Looking at the bus option for the return leg. There's a number 21 and 40 which both get to Universal. Costs $2 but takes just over an hour.

Does the surge price return to normal if you hang around after the game for an hour?
It should return to normal about an hour after the game from what I have read. I looked at the buses and noticed how long they took so have decided against it. I am planning on going to a nearby brewery tap room to kill an hour before getting a uber.

How many of you are going to the game?
Old 3 Jul 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
I am planning on going to a nearby brewery tap room to kill an hour before getting a uber.

How many of you are going to the game?
Sounds like a plan.

Just two. Myself and 16 yr old son. Leaving the missus and daughters behind to have a girly night.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List