Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

My Vegas Rewards help

Hi

We are going to Vegas for the first time in September so we have been playing the My Vegas games and accumulating the gold coins, but I can't understand what we do next
I looked at getting the Aria buffet but looking at the terms and conditions it stated that we needed to stay a night at a MGM Hotel but we are staying at Caesers Palace, does that matter?

Then when we pick which rewards we want, what do we do next, do we need to collect a card when we arrive in Vegas, will our picked rewards be on the card? I think I need an idiot's guide
Old 12 Jul 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
Hi

We are going to Vegas for the first time in September so we have been playing the My Vegas games and accumulating the gold coins, but I can't understand what we do next
I looked at getting the Aria buffet but looking at the terms and conditions it stated that we needed to stay a night at a MGM Hotel but we are staying at Caesers Palace, does that matter?

Then when we pick which rewards we want, what do we do next, do we need to collect a card when we arrive in Vegas, will our picked rewards be on the card? I think I need an idiot's guide
Yes it matters because Caesars isn't a MGM group hotel so you can't use that reward.

When you look at the rewards some have a grey key symbol to use those you have to stay the night in a MGM group hotel , so MGM, Excalibur, Luxor, Mirage, Monte Carlo, Bellagio, Aria, Mandalay Bay, Vdara and this is enforced..

When you find a reward you can have simply click on it to buy , checking any T&C's.. and you'll get a code emailed to you.
You then need to sign up to Mlife either online or in Vegas...

Go to the relevant Mlife desk in the hotel where the reward is based so for example for the MGM buffet find the desk in the MGM, Hand over the code, ID and your Mlife card and you'll be given a voucher to take to the buffet. You need to do this for each reward bar the ones you can book online like the Secret Garden (you need your mlife account for this though) for those you bypass the Mlife desk in the hotel.

Each player can use 3 Mlife rewards in a 30 day period but can use other rewards like Hexx, Maverick, Monorail, House of Blues etc etc in addition to those 3 rewards.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

You can get the BOGF at Aria and that does not need a stay for 15.500 gold coins. Most of the BOGF are ok just the totally free usually require a stay. Just be aware that 1/9 -4/9 are blackout dates for labour day. You can use any other dates of your stay though. We like Aria buffet and still find it a good deal at one free.

Looking at your countdown think you miss the blackout dates We dont!

Edited at 02:33 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

The Nine fine Irishman at NYNY is a good reward. They actually give you a $35 voucher to use as you wish...so for drinks, apps or a meal and you just pay the difference. We had a good night there. Not a buffet but pretty decent food . We used a voucher each so we ending up paying $3 for our meal and we had alcoholic drinks as well. Its the 2 for 1 at 17.500 gold coins. You can view the menu online. Mirage buffet was nice too and the totally free does not require a stay. Goes quickly though so you have to be there when rewards refresh to get it. BOGOF no stay... both have unlimited wine and beer if that matters to you. You can get that easily.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes we are going 20th September for our 25th Wedding anniversary, thanks for your help x

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
You can get the BOGF at Aria and that does not need a stay for 15.500 gold coins. Most of the BOGF are ok just the totally free usually require a stay. Just be aware that 1/9 -4/9 are blackout dates for labour day. You can use any other dates of your stay though. We like Aria buffet and still find it a good deal at one free.

Looking at your countdown think you miss the blackout dates We dont!
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Hope you find some rewards you like, if you need any help just ask, have a great time in Vegas, and Congratulations on your wedding anniversary
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Morning all

I am really struggling to get 'Rewards must be used within 90 days of purchase' into my head.

This is for a Premium Companion Ticket for KA.

The tickets would be needed for Wed 1st November.

Does 'Rewards must be used within 90 days of purchase' mean that I can purchase these tickets now as I would be using the reward to purchase tickets for a later date... or will I need to wait until approx 1st August.

Thank you so much for any help... my head is spinning!

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chip&Dale View Post
Morning all

I am really struggling to get 'Rewards must be used within 90 days of purchase' into my head.

This is for a Premium Companion Ticket for KA.

The tickets would be needed for Wed 1st November.

Does 'Rewards must be used within 90 days of purchase' mean that I can purchase these tickets now as I would be using the reward to purchase tickets for a later date... or will I need to wait until approx 1st August.

Thank you so much for any help... my head is spinning!
I found it confusing at first as well.
You should be able to get your show ticket now for November. Its the same with rooms. We got the free KA tickets in May and loved the show. Other rewards are within the 90 day mark. I did check for blackout dates for Nov 1st just in case you had not thought of it and you are ok. So go ahead and purchase and book now, you dont need to wait. The calendar goes well into next year. Hope you enjoy it and get good seats.

Did you decide between Mandalay Bay and Vdara. My daughter just stayed at both 3 weeks ago. Or did you go for somewhere else

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Old 16 Jul 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Shows and hotels work differently in that you can get the reward now but don't have to get the actual tickets yet , you could if you wanted book the actual seats in 89 days time for a show as far as the calendar allows

Other rewards have to be physically used within the 90 day period
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

I found it confusing at first as well.
You should be able to get your show ticket now for November. Its the same with rooms. We got the free KA tickets in May and loved the show. Other rewards are within the 90 day mark. I did check for blackout dates for Nov 1st just in case you had not thought of it and you are ok. So go ahead and purchase and book now, you dont need to wait. The calendar goes well into next year. Hope you enjoy it and get good seats.
Great. Silly question, but is there any audience participation in KA? As I have read that audience participation happens during some Cirque shows?

Did you decide between Mandalay Bay and Vdara. My daughter just stayed at both 3 weeks ago. Or did you go for somewhere else
Well... originally we decided with Mandalay Bay... then cancelled and booked Treasure Island to be more central and to save some $... then cancelled and booked the Vdara and saved even more $ than our original booking at Mandalay Bay!

The Vdara now has a special rate including $50 beverage credit which is slightly cheaper cost wise than our existing booking - so I considering cancelling again and re-booking

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List