Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Itinerary opinions please

Planning a trip next August, 2 adults and 12 year old boy, just after thoughts on this as an itinerary

LA - 3 nights
Yosemite -3 nights
Lake Tahoe - 3 nights
San Francisco -2 nights
Monterey - 2 nights (or 1 night and 1 night in Pismo Beach)
Santa Barbar - 1 night
Fly home from LA

Open to suggestions and recommendations, missing a holiday this year to do this and it's the big 40 😧So want to get it right

Edited at 09:05 PM.
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We are due to go on our first California holiday soon, so I'm not an expert.

I would say that maybe you have too many stops over your holiday. I think it's about getting the balance right so you do get some experience and relaxation, whilst seeing plenty of places. Also for instance San Francisco has got lots to see but you would only have a day there.

Don't know if maybe you could extend the holiday and maybe add on a few days to the stops.
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705

Thanks for the reply, this is really the maximum time we can go for, I could up San Francisco by 1 night and have 1 night in Monterey and drive straight into Santa Barbara
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Can you fly into LA and out of San Fran or vice versa, If flights not already paid for.
We're going into San Fran and out of Vegas after some advice on here.
Haven't been on my own trip yet but I would make San Francisco at least three nights and drop a night from LA
We changed our itinerary at least ten times. Cancellable and flexible hotels are key!
Happy planning

Edited at 09:29 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lynne6705 View Post
Thanks for the reply, this is really the maximum time we can go for, I could up San Francisco by 1 night and have 1 night in Monterey and drive straight into Santa Barbara
Or maybe say cut out Lake Tahoe and spread the days, whilst reducing the overall drive.

Whatever you decide, happy planning.

Old 14 Jul 17, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Having been to Lake Tahoe- (not much there and totally set up for winter skiing)- I would cut it out and add nights to San Fran and the Pacific coast highway. Or add in San Diego- loads to do there for kids.
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we have not been to Lake Tahoe but can highly recommend yosemite,San Fran, Monterey ,Santa Barbara . Perhaps a night or 2 less Lake Tahoe and for give you time for one of our highlight whale watching from moss landing just north of Monterey. In yosemite make sure you do valley floor tour on arrival as this gives you a little history and helps you get your bearings , tioga pass a must, vernal falls, glacier points, walk round valley floor, walk to el capita and see what people climb up and just recently with no ropes
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705

Thanks all for the replies, general consensus seems to be to drop Lake Tahoe, will have another look this weekend and will hopefully get it all tied down as I understand that I need to get accommodation booked for Yosemite pretty soon.
Old 14 Jul 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Personally in 14 days your trying to fit in too much, Once you factor in travelling you will barely have any time in some of your stops.

I would cut out Lake Tahoe and maybe flight in and out of different airports to cut out some of the travel.

What are your plans for LA? if just general sight seeing you could probably loose a night there. With a car you can cover a fair bit of ground in a day seeing the main sights.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

I would cut out Lake Tahoe and maybe factor in Vegas instead wasn't on my wish last but enjoyed it when there. We stayed 2-3 nights in most places past two years and found it gine though a lot of people find it a chore
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List