Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

We spent about 2.5 hours there with going into the planetarium show (not free). You could spend longer there with the parks as well if you wanted to enjoy them.

Parking can be a bit of a nightmare in high season, so be prepared for that.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Glad you had a great trip. Can I ask how long you roughly spent at the Griffith Observatory. We are planning it on our trip next month and was thinking of allowing 2-3 hours.
Hi,

We were there about 1hr 30ish. But we arrived about 11.30 and it didn't open until 12 and had to do two loops of car park and eventually parked in a road off to the side with free parking as the lot was full. Hth
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday.

Many thanks for all this detail.

Did you have to do many diversions to get a reasonable go on the PCH?

From what you and others have said that confirms we don't want to go to Hollywood.
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Hollywood is absolutely worth visiting. Only for an hour or so, but worth it as a once in a lifetime visit. Being aware of what you will see there is valuable, but my experience is that the people dressed up trying to get you to pay them for a photo will not bother you if you give a firm but polite no thanks straight away. Try to ignore them and they will follow you.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Hollywood is absolutely worth visiting. Only for an hour or so, but worth it as a once in a lifetime visit. Being aware of what you will see there is valuable, but my experience is that the people dressed up trying to get you to pay them for a photo will not bother you if you give a firm but polite no thanks straight away. Try to ignore them and they will follow you.
Thanks, but we are only in LA area for 2 days, so won't have the time in any case.
Old 20 Jul 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I has those idiots and the cd sellers be abusive to us in march as we wouldn't have pics or buy their rubbish .. vile people . I'm not a violent person but if one cd seller had carried on abusing me and telling me how awful I was much longer I'd have swung for him . Then we had some bloke in neon furry boots shouting abuse and religious rubbish because we wouldn't pay for a photo 😂😂

Can't think of anything valuable to see on Hollywood it's dirty and rundown .

The nicest thing we did there this year was speak to a homeless couple who had 2 lovely pit bulls . They might not have had anything but they were kind and polite . I almost never give to homeless people over there but I did to that couple .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You have been multiple times though, and I agree I wouldn't be fussed about going back. But it is worth doing once.

Unfortunate experience (and wouldn't wish it on anyone) but not one I have faced in the multiple visits we have had there. Will be going with some different friends again this year, so will see if it has changed.
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I has those idiots and the cd sellers be abusive to us in march as we wouldn't have pics or buy their rubbish .. vile people . I'm not a violent person but if one cd seller had carried on abusing me and telling me how awful I was much longer I'd have swung for him . Then we had some bloke in neon furry boots shouting abuse and religious rubbish because we wouldn't pay for a photo 😂😂

Can't think of anything valuable to see on Hollywood it's dirty and rundown .

The nicest thing we did there this year was speak to a homeless couple who had 2 lovely pit bulls . They might not have had anything but they were kind and polite . I almost never give to homeless people over there but I did to that couple .
Not good.

I take my family to abuse me and tell me how awful I am.

I don't need strangers to do that.

Old 20 Jul 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Sounds a great trip!
Thanks for sharing
We did much of what you did last year, and it inspired us to plan another multi-location road trip for this year, as well as New York and Las Vegas (just as a base before and after road trip part) we are doing the Mighty Five parks in Utah.

Yosemite is stunning isn't it? Lucky you seeing a bear - we kept our eyes peeled but bears were a no show!

Hollywood I think is a place you just have to see, not overly impressed with it but had no hassle off the folks trying to sell stuff, we just said no thanks and walked on.

We loved Griffiths Observatory too! We went in daylight and stayed until after dark to see LA in both day and night, loved the planetarium and all the info and exhibits in the Observatory! Could have stayed loads longer! Agree about the parking there, we had to park halfway down the hill and hike up there!

Here's to planning your next adventure!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List