Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

BA to LAX - inflight meals etc

We are flying next month to LA on the A380 with BA. Trying to plan how much food to take for the kids for the flights. We usually fly to Florida with Virgin so know roughly what to expect with them.

Does BA give out bottles of water per person? If we are taking off mid morning, what meals will we get - lunch and dinner or lunch and a snack?
Flying home at around 9.30pm and landing back at 4pm - what meals will we get for that flight - dinner and breakfast?
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We flew BA to LAX on the A380 a couple of years ago. All drinks are free, but I generally take a few bottles of water with me. Our outbound was late afternoon, but I remember one 'main' meal and snack later, so it may be worth taking some nibbles as well. The late evening flight inbound would be a meal plus breakfast as you near the UK.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've only ever flown home with BA as we go out on AA , coming home last year we got a evening meal not long after taking off and then a proper cooked breakfast not long before we landed . Not many drinks services through the night but you can go and help yourself if you want to .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We flew last week with BA in a mid morning flight. There were 3 separate times when food was offered:
1. lunch - chicken curry or a vegetarian option.

2. snack - popcorn, crisps and a chocolate bar

3. Pizza and dessert

Drinks were offered with all food and water was offered a further time. I am sure if we had asked for more drinks, they would have been available

Hope this helps x
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds good - never had pizza on a plane before! The kids might be happy with all of that. Will take sandwiches just in case though. Never been on such a long flight so regular food will stop them getting so bored!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
We flew BA to LAX on the A380 a couple of years ago. All drinks are free, but I generally take a few bottles of water with me. Our outbound was late afternoon, but I remember one 'main' meal and snack later, so it may be worth taking some nibbles as well. The late evening flight inbound would be a meal plus breakfast as you near the UK.
We have booked a late afternoon flight too. Will probably have some nibbles including the obligatory Pringles.
Old 19 Jul 17, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I must confess my daughter does not like plane food so we took sandwiches and snacks for her.
But funnily enough she was happy to eat the chocolate bars!
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We have booked a late afternoon flight too. Will probably have some nibbles including the obligatory Pringles.
What is it about Pringles? It's the only time we eat them really.
Have you got everything for the flight? Passport, boarding pass, Pringles?
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I've already bought my Pringles to pack in my hand luggage!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I've already bought my Pringles to pack in my hand luggage!

Maybe they should include how to open them as part of the safety briefing.