Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Villa booked but showing sale pending

Looking for advice please - DH has just discovered that the villa we are due to rent in October has been put up for sale as of 2 June 2017 and sale is showing on Refin as pending - we knew nothing about this until today - owner has not been in touch and rest of payment is due in next few weeks.

We normally hire a Dibb villa but this year none were available in either of our preferred areas/price range so we booked through Homeaway.

We are awaiting a reply - hopefully - from the owner but we both feel we could rather request the deposit back and start again - are we panicking un-necessarily? I am sure that others - unfortunately - may have been in a similar position. I know the current owner may come back and say the new owner will honour the booking but how do we know this is genuine?

Thanks in advance.

Tracy

Edited at 10:24 PM.
DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I would have thought the owner would have been in touch by now I know our friends as soon as the sale was confirmed the previous owners and themself confirmed the bookings would be honoured but to be honest pending doesn't mean the sale will go through
Lack of communication would make me want to move on to be honest
But get in touch with the owner now to see what they say
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

Hi Dave and Trace

Why not put your dates back on the DIBB to see if any dates are now free due to cancellations etc. You can then see what way you want to proceed.
We hope you get sort soon.
George and Pamela
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear about this Tracey

just tread carefully
Are you sure it is up for sale?
Sometimes it can take a good while to sell
"pending " sounds ominous
Have a good chat with the owner
if it is truly up for sale you should be able to at least to get your booking deposit back
And there will be something somewhere..even if not what you really want
What are your dates ?
Maybe it will all be Ok and just a scare...
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdabber
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

It would be a good idea to check with the owner. It may be that they're selling it to someone who will also be renting it out. It may be that they will be honouring all booking already in place.
Best to check with the owner though!
dibdabber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

The fact it is 'pending' does not mean much. There are various legal things to be sorted out before 'closure', when the change of ownership takes place, and this can take several months. For example, the purchaser might not even be able to get finance (if it is not a cash sale), so the sale falls through and the property ends up back on the market - this happened to my neighbour last year. Also, the closure date is agreed between the two parties, so they could have deliberately agreed a date after your rental. There is only one thing you can do - speak to the owner and find out what is going on. If they are not responding, contact the realtor whose online ad you have seen. If the closure date is before your rental, the current owner needs to pass on contact details of the purchaser to you, and your next step is to contact the new owner to discuss the rental, as you will be dealing with them instead. Just check them out as if you were renting from them in the first place - much easier than looking for somewhere new, and it is the same place after all - the new owner might even be planning to upgrade it, so it is better. The current owner should really be communicating with you properly, but I am not surprised, the person I bought my place from passed 7 bookings over to me, but didn't tell any of them of the sale - they all got a shock when I approached them, which was embarrassing for me. However, they were all happy in the end, and one has even booked with me again since. Bad communication=bad owner, no excuse for it.
What you shouldn't do is immediately demand your deposit back. That means YOU are cancelling, not the owner, so it could be refused because of the t and c's and you will be out of pocket. You ask for your deposit back if and when the owner cancels. Also, find out the true situation before paying the balance.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
flarocks
Proud to wear my Ears

DavieBhoy, I'm really sorry to hear that you are in this position. This happened to us a couple of years ago. We only found out that the propety was for sale because I was trying to find out more information on the property. The estate agents even had the same pictures used on the villa rental website. I contacted the company we rented the accommodation through and they assured us that our rental would not be affected. I have to admit that the management company in question did not really help to alleviate our worries.

I checked the dibb and other websites for available villas just in case. I made sure I contacted the credit card company that I had used to make the booking and explained to them the situation - they were very helpful and gave me relevant contact numbers to call whilst in the US in the event that the property was not available.

Luckily for us our booking was not affected.

I hope that everything works out for you.
flarocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Well we took the plunge and paid for the villa in full via the management company a couple of weeks ago using my credit card for extra security. Villa entry codes etc came through yesterday via email from the management company after chasing them up. So hopefully all is well when we arrive at the villa on 5th October. Fingers crossed.
Cheers. Dave

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good luck let me know how you get on !
XXXXXXX
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List