Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's a shame looking for villa is spoiling your excitement. I tied myself in knots looking for a villa and we have a similar budget as yours Have none of your replies come in budget ? Do you really need 4 bedrooms or would you manage with 3, is the spa essential ? Could you go a bit further out ?
We have booked several villas with homeaway over the years, usually in Europe but also in Orlando. We have been very happy with them. Always go for a UK owner where I can speak to them direct before I book and also plenty of good reviews. I know there are plenty of dibb owners who are active members of the forum but most just have the Dibb as an advertising tool just the same as homeaway and other similar sites. I wouldn't be scared of going for another company.
Think about what you need. We had a games room last year and didn't use it once.
We have booked a dibb villa this year which would be in your budget but is 3 bedrooms and no spa.
Good luck finding something !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
for feb ? really... ? ive had quite a few come back in budget just theyre not dibb villas which puts me off... mybe I need to look at things...just so sick of it x
katy341

We've booked apartments and villas in several countries and many locations - including Florida in both central area and the coast - over the last 15 years with NOT ONE problem.

All you need to do is just use common sense when looking at other options on sites like villas2000, Homeaway, vr360homes etc etc.

Look at the reviews, how long they've been renting out their villa and so on, ideally a UK based owner who you can speak to direct ( that's what we always do for Florida ).

99% + of villa owners are every bit as honest and genuine as Dibb owners. Problem being there are relatively few Dibb villas and a huge reader base so they go very quickly - as we found out since that would have been our first choice too.

Still and all, we're there in October and managed to find a very nice 4 bed villa with good reviews in Clermont. English owner, and the couple who manage the villa are also Brits and live 3 doors away. Just find one you like and contact the owner to have a chat about it. BTW, our budget was £1300 inc pool heating and we came in under that so it is "do-able".

Don't stress about it though, regard it as a treasure hunt, there's a villa out there with your name on it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

That's a shame this is stressing you out. Personally I would up Your budget slightly and book a villa you love where you get a good vibe from the owner. I've rented several villas previously and there is a big difference in standards and it makes the whole holiday experience so much better if you're happy when you arrive. In the grand scheme of the cost of a Florida holiday a couple of hundred pounds more is well worth it. That's just my personal view and others may disagree. We are renting a Dibb villa for the first time next week and can't wait! Whole experience has been seamless and stress free with great communication. Good luck.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
nattyk
Imagineer

Mobile

We are also struggling to find a villa for Xmas .. we just booked flights and now trying to find somewhere...and didn't anticipate how expensive it would be ... 😓😓
2008 (April) - Villa Windsor Hills, 2009 (Dec) - Villa Tuscan Hills, 2012 (Aug) Regal Palms/Marco Island 2013 (Aug) NY & Orlando, 2015 (Aug) AMI & Orlando, 2016 (Aug) Cabana Bay & AMI, 2017 (Dec) Orlando Villa Formosa Gardens
nattyk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lsb6567
A Guest at All-Stars

I think your budget is just fine. Were not paying much more than your budget for 3 weeks. Our villa has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, spa gas BBQ. Everything you would want. We,ve stayed here 2 or 3 times before. No problems. Just make sure you do all the relevant checks and you,lll be fine. After my last encounter with a dibb villa owner, I would,nt worry about it not being a dibb villa!
lsb6567 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lsb6567 View Post
I think your budget is just fine. Were not paying much more than your budget for 3 weeks. Our villa has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, spa gas BBQ. Everything you would want. We,ve stayed here 2 or 3 times before. No problems. Just make sure you do all the relevant checks and you,lll be fine. After my last encounter with a dibb villa owner, I would,nt worry about it not being a dibb villa!
This is a little more reassuring lol I'd love to know about if this villa has availability for our dates lol x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Dibb villa owners are arguably more tuned into the needs of their guests, as they have the benefit of this forum. Think this thread does sum up what guests are looking for quite well:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1025062
I summarised the responses into a 'Top 10'.

As a result, would guess the average Dibb villa owner will have significantly more of these features than the average non-Dibb villa owner. Which may be why Katy you have found Dibb villas more expensive because they have more things that guests want. I guess it will come down to what it is more important to you - price or quality/features.

nattyk - I hope you get sorted out for Christmas. It is more expensive. The first year I bought (2010), I had a couple of thousand enquiries for Treefield Villa - there is a vast number of people looking to be in Florida for these very popular dates. The volume of enquiries in October/November/December is very high, so better to get it sorted asap, as I fear it won't get easier as time goes on.
This is a good thought! I guess I'm just fed up now... I want a villa with spa/ jacuzzi that's 4 bed and not more than 20min drive all in with heat for 1300 I just thought I wouldn't have an issue especially as before we secured flights we had quote from our 3 dream villas for less... unfortunately by the time we booked they were gone...now I know why lol x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
It is very easy to underestimate the time and effort required to find a suitable villa, and the more constraints you have, budget, distance to parks, spa, other features, the harder it gets.
This year I wanted to return to villa we rented in 2014. It was booked.
Missed a vey nice Dibb villa which is on this thread while gathering info on others, in hindsight a mistake, although we still had a great holiday.
We booked a 4 bed on Crystal Cove, £1400 for 2 weeks July, location and Resort very good, villa was good but not best we have had, laundry room was cupboard in living area which made living area noisy.
We had choice of 5 bed at Westhaven for same price, and on reflection think it would have been better choice, but we live and learn.

When we have been to US west coast, cannot get a hotel room for £100 per night. In Florida can get a luxury villa for that price. Yes prices have gone up but still good value in my opinion. If you want to see expensive check cost of Disney villa!

Good luck Op, hope you find what you want. I think in Feb you have good chance, not so busy and traffic maybe won't be so bad, so a little further out will be ok.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Dibb villa owners are arguably more tuned into the needs of their guests, as they have the benefit of this forum.

As a result, would guess the average Dibb villa owner will have significantly more of these features than the average non-Dibb villa owner.
Equally I would hope that you would not tar non dibb villas with the same brush.
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

being known as a DIBB villa, or not, would not dictate features etc. It is just other advertise their homes on other rental platforms.
The main difference to many of theses alternatives is that the DIBB is a very active, informative 'forum for all'.
Many DIBB owners contribute to the discussions on all things Florida and not just issues about villas. This in turn can go some way to potential renters getting to know the owners and make their choice on the owners as much as the property. It ain't perfect, and nor am I, but it is the best combination of views, facts , ideas and portfolio of villa/condo sizes, types, value and prices.
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979

Edited at 06:51 AM.
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List