Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Universal hotel for 5?

We will be 3 adults and 2 young children hopefully going to Florida next year. Staying in one room will not work for most of the holiday but we can cope for one night at Universal.

I did a dummy booking at RPR and it gave us one room but where does the 5th person sleep and does that mean we would have 5 express passes?

Thanks
Old 17 Jul 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

They put a rollaway in your room for an extra cost of $25 per night,yes,you then get x5 folp,jobs a belter, bondy.p.s. don't usually recommend this for x1 night,but could work well if you upgraded to club level,as club charged per room not per person,includes breakfast evening nosh,drinks,free alcohol between 4.30pm/6.30 pm, usually $100 per night extra.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

BL

Replied to your PM,hope you received okay
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaGchild
Earning More Ears

We stayed at HRH for one night last year. There are 5 of us - 2 adults, 3 kids. We were all set to book a family room, but then I did a dummy booking and found 2 rooms was cheaper. That was with Expedia through Trivago. We are going back again this year, and again, 2 rooms cheaper than 1 family room. Our rooms were adjoining, so we put the kids in one room, adults in the other.
MamaGchild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
They put a rollaway in your room for an extra cost of $25 per night,yes,you then get x5 folp,jobs a belter, bondy.p.s. don't usually recommend this for x1 night,but could work well if you upgraded to club level,as club charged per room not per person,includes breakfast evening nosh,drinks,free alcohol between 4.30pm/6.30 pm, usually $100 per night extra.
Please can you tell me why you wouldn't book a normal room for a night?
I've just done a dummy booking on hotels.com for our date and its £262 for a normal room even with 5 and £353 for a club room. Not sure the club aspect is worth nearly £100 for one night is it?
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

You get one of these and it's suitable for an adult . I wouldn't do club level again for 1 night unless you want to leave the parks and drink alcohol . It's just not worth it imo.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post

You get one of these and it's suitable for an adult . I wouldn't do club level again for 1 night unless you want to leave the parks and drink alcohol . It's just not worth it imo.
Great, thanks. That would be fine for one night.

That's what I was thinking. As much as we love a drink I doubt we would take advantage of it to that extent.

Can the food provided replace dinner?
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jaynew View Post
Great, thanks. That would be fine for one night.

That's what I was thinking. As much as we love a drink I doubt we would take advantage of it to that extent.

Can the food provided replace dinner?
We didn't think so, it was nibbles really. We didnt leave the park until 7pm so in hindsight club level was a waste of money.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jaynew View Post
Please can you tell me why you wouldn't book a normal room for a night?
I've just done a dummy booking on hotels.com for our date and its £262 for a normal room even with 5 and £353 for a club room. Not sure the club aspect is worth nearly £100 for one night is it?
Bondy only suggested that a Club Level room could work, it's obviously up to you to decide if it's worth it or not.

For the extra £91 you get breakfast, early evening food and drinks ( including wine and beers ) and late evening sweet treats. Added to that you get free soft drinks/ tea / coffee and you can take bottles of water to your room... and then on to the parks. If you feel you'd take advantage of that lot ( or part thereof ) and it's worth £18 a head, then it makes good sense...

It's definitely NOT just nibbles as Mexy mentioned... from 4.30 to 6.30 it's hot and cold dishes on offer. Have a look at what's on offer...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=rpr+club

If you feel you wouldn't take advantage of it or it's not good value, then just go for the room only option.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MamaGchild View Post
We stayed at HRH for one night last year. There are 5 of us - 2 adults, 3 kids. We were all set to book a family room, but then I did a dummy booking and found 2 rooms was cheaper. That was with Expedia through Trivago. We are going back again this year, and again, 2 rooms cheaper than 1 family room. Our rooms were adjoining, so we put the kids in one room, adults in the other.
By family room do you mean the kids suite? We just book a standard room for 5 of us. Only in it to sleep so saves a fortune.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List