Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

San Diego Gulls

Hi folks

Has anyone on here been to see the San Diego Gulls ice hockey team?

On previous trips to the States we have been to NFL, MLB, NBA and MLS so while it's not NHL, I'd still like to try and see a hockey game to kind of complete my set!

I just wondered if it would be a good thing to take my 10 year old to as I've never been to one before.

We're not driving in San Diego, but it looks fairly easy to get to on public transport...

Thanks

Paul
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I plan to go in November, looks like you are going to beat me to it.
They average around 8,000 people per game, so although the level is 1 below the NHL, the games are well attended.
I've been to NHL games in LA, Anaheim and Tampa and loved every minute, also saw the Orlando Solar Bears in Orlando when they were in the 2nd tier, and had a great time a that too.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Grant

We looked into seeing the Ducks when we are at Disneyland but typically they are at home the night before we arrive in Anaheim and then the night we fly home!

When I looked to see what else we could go to I saw the Gulls have their first 2 home games of the season when we are there so thought about going to the 2nd game on the Saturday night.

Just need the tickets to go on sale now!
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Although I'm from San Diego, I've never been to a Gulls game because I'm not into hockey. But I know they do have a large fanbase here and I have some friends who go to a lot of games and enjoy them. I think you and your son will have a great time!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Amy
Old 22 Jul 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
I'm hoping to go to a Ducks game while I'm there too, and a Vegas Golden Knights game, but i think those tickets will be like rocking horse whatsit
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Grant

The single game tickets were released yesterday for the Gulls

It looks like I'll be in one of the corners if we go as all the sideline seats are gone already for the game we want to go to...
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
Yes, thanks, I was keeping my eye on it

We got tickets for the Ontario game on 3rd November. Most of the side seats were gone, but I managed to get the last 2 seats in the centre block.

So that's the Gulls and Vegas Golden Knights games to look forward to. We aren't going to get Ducks tickets anymore, we're already doing too much
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

We've got our seats booked now for the 2nd Texas Stars game.

Just need to work out how to get to the venue without a car now
Old 31 Aug 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
I think we are going to use Uber. I've never used it before anywhere in the world, but I've just signed up, linked my PayPal account to it so in theory I'm ready to go.

It's 3 miles from our hotel so we could walk in about an hour, but don't fancy it at about 10:00pm. Uber says it'll be between $6-8 so 2 of those trips will probably be cheaper than the parking at the arena anyway