Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Sep 09, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

When we we get our cruise tickets?

I may be a little premature here, we are joining our cruise 3 weeks today (27th Sept).

We are having a week in Orlando first, does anyone have any ideas how soon before your hols Royal Caribbean sends out your tickets?

Also, as its been so long since I've been on a cruise, do you get like a cruise pack or something, or just tickets?

Thanks
x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 09, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I got my tickets yesterday for 4th October. Did you book direct with Royal Caribbean or via a TA? We got ours last year about a month before , at the end of August.. We sailed September 27th. ( We should be on your sailing this year but funds made me swap to a Med one.. gutted!) We booked with Thomas Cook for May and we went to the shop a week before to see if our tickets had come, they'd been there 3 weeks and they hadn't let us know. So might be worth phoning and checking if you have booked through a TA. Some people get their tickets 50days out.
Old 7 Sep 09, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

We have also got our 'pack' from RCI quite a few weeks ago, and we are also sailing 4th Oct (will be thinking of you Ste!).

Although we booked via a TA, the 'pack' was sent out direct from RCI.

TBH, you don't really get tickets anymore. It is just an A5 ringbound booklet that tells you a bit about your cruise, and some forms to fill in. That is if you haven't checked in on-line (which I recommend you do). If you check in online, then you will just have a couple of pages to print out and will make boading a little easier as your info has already been given.

The only other thing in the 'pack' are the pre-printed luggage tags which are nice, but again not 100% necessary as you can get these from the pier. In fact, that is what we are going to have to do anyway, as we have changed our cabin since they were sent out, and the tags have our old cabin number printed on them.
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys, received our tickets yesterday! Phew! Seems that Thomas Cook must have had them there for a while, as they were printed on 19th Aug .

I was a little surprised at the booklet thingy, call me old-fashioned but i like to have "real" tickets! My DH informs me that this is the new age ha ha. I presume that we just hand this in at check in at airport, and at the cruise terminal?

We are not planning to check in online for the cruise, do you think this will be a problem?
Old 10 Sep 09, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Originally Posted by Siany View Post
We are not planning to check in online for the cruise, do you think this will be a problem?
I asked this on cruisecritic and got told it really adds alot of time checking in. My printer doesn't work at home, so I checked it all in online, then went to the local library and printed our set sail passes off. Gonna do the same in about a week!
Old 11 Sep 09, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Siany View Post
Thanks guys, received our tickets yesterday! Phew! Seems that Thomas Cook must have had them there for a while, as they were printed on 19th Aug .

I was a little surprised at the booklet thingy, call me old-fashioned but i like to have "real" tickets! My DH informs me that this is the new age ha ha. I presume that we just hand this in at check in at airport, and at the cruise terminal?

Have you booked your flights through RCI. If so, you should have at least an e-ticket. I have always booked my flights seperatly so I don't know how that part works, but I would imagine you have been sent something to hand in at the airport. Who are you flying with, and do you have an option to manage your booking, pre-select your seats, check in online?
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 09, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I got my information pack from P&O today, will get the tickets etc in a couple of weeks.
I'm finding it hard to get excited at the moment though.

When we did RCCI we got the pack about 2 weeks beforehand.
Old 11 Sep 09, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
Have you booked your flights through RCI. If so, you should have at least an e-ticket. I have always booked my flights seperatly so I don't know how that part works, but I would imagine you have been sent something to hand in at the airport. Who are you flying with, and do you have an option to manage your booking, pre-select your seats, check in online?
Yeah we are flying with Virgin, it was arranged through RCI. We have got an e-ticket in the booklet, just seems a bit odd! Ah well, I'm sure thousands of people use them every day!
Old 12 Sep 09, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
We were booked with Virgin through RCI going the 26th.. And we used their air last year and it was just the E-ticket, it should be fine for you. We have the same again for 3 weeks time.. But with KLM/Monarch instead.. Wish it was Virgin!
Old 12 Sep 09, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread