Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

You cannot claim back sales tax. But you can wear it on the flight back
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
3Lions
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nevertoomuch View Post
All this is completely new to me - how would I claim tax back at the airport? Do all purchases incur a purchase tax?
Everything has sales tax of between 6&7% depending on which county you are in. I am sure we used to get the tax back. Macy's used to give you a card too, where they would take the tax off at point of purchase if you could prove you lived outside the U.S.
3Lions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Amscss
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Hahaha, my OH went for a "look" and came out with a watch for himself, and one for our sons 21st... He's not allowed to "look" now
They also have a very good website with most of their stock on it - you can get a very good idea of what second hand luxury watches go for on there - blowers-jewellers
Amscss is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

My watch (in 1998) was about £500 cheaper in the UK I bought it with slot winnings 😄
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3Lions View Post
Everything has sales tax of between 6&7% depending on which county you are in. I am sure we used to get the tax back. Macy's used to give you a card too, where they would take the tax off at point of purchase if you could prove you lived outside the U.S.
Macy's doesn't really give you the tax back, the US doesn't have a "tax free for tourists scheme" like the UK. They give overseas visitors a discount to make up for not being able to offer a discount for taking out a Macy's store card.
Old 26 Apr 15, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nevertoomuch
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Amscss View Post
They also have a very good website with most of their stock on it - you can get a very good idea of what second hand luxury watches go for on there - blowers-jewellers
thanks for the link. Yes, some lovely pieces on there for sure. After bit of a chat with DH it seems he quite happy with his make do watch but would quite like to change his car
nevertoomuch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread