Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Jan 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Getting Excited

Mums First Disney Trip!

Hi everyone,

Heading to Orlando for 10 nights in November so my brother can run the Wine and Dine Marathon.

Whilst I, and everyone in my party are returning visitors this is my mums first trip (although she is going for the 'experience' with the grandkids rather than needing a once in a life time trip).

I found DIBB so helpful last year when we went for a short 7 day trip in Jan (again my brother was running the marathon) and already helpful planning this years.

I'm hoping to be more active in the forum this time and sharing details of the trip so thought I'd start with our first draft plans - of course nearer the time we'll start worrying about more specifics but right now I'm excited!

10 days in November for myself, mum, my brother and his wife and their two children, Brody 8 (although turning 9 on our return so it's his birthday trip).

We are staying off site at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and will have a car.

I must also share my brother is 'budget conscious' (my word for tight!) so will keep my mum and I in check somewhat! They also just like to enjoy the holiday, with a few 'must dos' and then see how things go because we've been before.

Day 1: Flight / Hotel Check In / Supermarket for supplies

Day 2: Universal Studios - become a first day tradition

Day 3: RunDisney Expo followed by shopping
- I'm hoping for the Florida Mall what's it like on a Saturday?

Day 4: RunDisney Marathon / Pool Day / Disney Springs
- mum, my nephew and I will be watching the marathon at Epcot
- mum and I can get twitchy with too much sitting around so we may visit some of the Disney resorts for a nose - any suggestions?

Day 5: Magic Kingdom

Day 6: Island of Adventures
- feels a more relaxed park after MK and we don't need to rush for opening etc

Day 7 - 9 Epcot / Hollywood Studios / Animal Kingdom (I still want to call it MGM anyone else?) / Pool Days / Shopping
- my brother and his family want to factor in more pool time whilst mum and I acknowledge Florida hols are exhausting as I said I go bored so refer to earlier point that I'll jump in an Uber and go out and about if they're poolside.

- We're thinking Epcot and Hollywood Studios in one day. Epcot in AM to tick off Anna and Elsa character greeting and the finish at Hollywood Studios in the afternoon taking advantage of all the construction and being there late for Fantasmic of whatever fireworks they're offering (my brother is trying to strike HS off the list but I'm not having it at the moment!)

- Animal Kingdom is a must for me as I want to see the Avatar world but my SIL and niece will be leaving us to it and we're anticipating a morning for that.

Day 10 Final Full Day
- left open for us to tick off anything we've missed or still want to do

Day 11 Flight Home

Look forward to chatting with everyone.
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List