Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Jan 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

How does this look?

So, we're off to Florida for 12 days in July. We last went in 2010 when my kids were 9 and 15, they're now 16 (we leave on his 16th birthday) and 21. We would have gone to SW/AQ also, but my 21 year old daughter is refusing to. I've sort of used the busy day guide to shape this, but would like to know other opinions on this:

Day 1: flight/unpack
Day 2: US
Day 3: IOA
Day 4: HS
Day 5: TL
Day 6: AK and Cirque de Soleil (that's booked)
Day 7: EP
Day 8: MK
Day 9: VB (hopefully it isn't delayed)
Day 10: BB
Day 11:?
Day 12:?
Day 13: virgin checkin at disney springs, flight home

so, we were thinking of doing an adr on the night we have in cirque de soleil somewhere in disney springs, any recommendations for that? and what would you recommend on the first evening, considering it's my son's birthday and I want to do something special (perhaps the fireworks at ep/hs ?) - also what could we do quickly on the last day before we go? or is there enough to do in disney springs?
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi
The obvious thing is that you are planning two water park days on the trot, at days 9/10 but it becomes difficult to slot in 3 without hitting the mad busy weekends otherwise . Also I would suggest you would need to use your extra days revisiting MK and Epcot as they tend to take the longest time .
Have a great trip
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 03:56 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I also think you will want an extra day at MK and Epcot. For the meal at DS there are lots of good options depending on your tastes. If you like steak then the boathouse is good, the Irish pub Raglan Road has a great atmosphere and an Irish dancing show...Lots of choice.

For your sons birthday is this the travel day or US, lots of fun places in citywalk, near to Universal so you could go out for a special meal there. I want to tr magaritaville as I've seen some vlogs with good reviews for this on citywalk.

On our flight home day we always go to MK even if only for a couple of hours...lovely to just wander around and catch a ride if we can.

Happy planning

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I also think you will want an extra day at MK and Epcot. For the meal at DS there are lots of good options depending on your tastes. If you like steak then the boathouse is good, the Irish pub Raglan Road has a great atmosphere and an Irish dancing show...Lots of choice.

For your sons birthday is this the travel day or US, lots of fun places in citywalk, near to Universal so you could go out for a special meal there. I want to tr magaritaville as I've seen some vlogs with good reviews for this on citywalk.

On our flight home day we always go to MK even if only for a couple of hours...lovely to just wander around and catch a ride if we can.

Happy planning
I did see the irish restaurant, it looks quite good. Didn't know they did an Irish dancing show. My son's birthday is the travel day so wouldn't be going in the direction of citywalk, any other nice restaurants in the i-drive area?

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi
The obvious thing is that you are planning two water park days on the trot, at days 9/10 but it becomes difficult to slot in 3 without hitting the mad busy weekends otherwise . Also I would suggest you would need to use your extra days revisiting MK and Epcot as they tend to take the longest time .
Have a great trip
hadn't noticed that - they are thursday/friday. might look at moving them around a little. thanks.
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd probably move HS to later on, that's 3 "Movie Studio" parks in 3 days. If you're anything like I was the first time I went they all merged into one park and I was confused as to where the Terminator Attraction was whilst in HS!

Disney springs is lovely, predominantly shops and restaurants but it is well worth more than one visit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I have assumed you are on site but reading your post you don't say where you are?
If on site and if your son is into Pizza I would just do the Red Pizza Oven in City walk that first night and then Cold Stone Creamery after for dessert! Not proper sit downs so quick and easy and then just wandering around and soaking the atmosphere will be great for his birthday on the first night- I am not sure why you would want to avoid it necessarily?
If you want sit down then Hard Rock, Cowfish or maybe Bubba Gumps.
On I drive I would do Bahama Breeze.

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
I'd probably move HS to later on, that's 3 "Movie Studio" parks in 3 days. If you're anything like I was the first time I went they all merged into one park and I was confused as to where the Terminator Attraction was whilst in HS!

Disney springs is lovely, predominantly shops and restaurants but it is well worth more than one visit.
Thank you, might have a look at moving HS...

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I have assumed you are on site but reading your post you don't say where you are?
If on site and if your son is into Pizza I would just do the Red Pizza Oven in City walk that first night and then Cold Stone Creamery after for dessert! Not proper sit downs so quick and easy and then just wandering around and soaking the atmosphere will be great for his birthday on the first night- I am not sure why you would want to avoid it necessarily?
If you want sit down then Hard Rock, Cowfish or maybe Bubba Gumps.
On I drive I would do Bahama Breeze.
We're on i-drive, we might consider going down to citywalk now since it's not that far..