Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Feb 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydoo-4
Helping Minnie

Clearwater, St Pete's or Cocoa beach?

Hi,
After some more advise please! My children have decided they would love to visit a beach while on holiday in August. I'm thinking of booking a hotel for 1 night so that we could spend 2 days on the beach. But which beach would you recommend please?
St Pete's, Clearwater or Cocoa? Any help greatly appreciated
scoobydoo-4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Clearwater or st Petes out of those, cocoa is on the Atlantic side & although I've never been it just doesn't look nearly as nice, gulf is much nicer, cocoa beach is closer than the other 2 though, it's about an hour from Orlando as opposed to nearly 2 for Clearwater & st Petes
We stayed in Clearwater last time & it's beautiful, gorgeous white sand, amazing sunsets, you can also do a dolphin boat trip, we did the seascreamer, it was great, a highlight of our holiday, we've booked to go back next year and thinking of a couple of nights at the beach and think we are trying st petes next time

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

We have always done a day trip to the beach. 2015 we did an overnight. Always gulf coast, Clearwater, st Petes Johns Pass. This year we are so undecided. Thought about trying cocoa beach but really love the tropics of the gulf coast. I'll be interested to see the replies

Edited at 03:22 PM.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Redfoxcar
Very Serious Dibber

Hiya,

I'm probably gonna be in the minority here, but we preferred cocoa beach, stayed at the Hilton, which is right on the beach,great bar and food, went to Clearwater and it just didn't live up to expectations for us, everybody's different though.

Nick
Redfoxcar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tinks75 View Post
We have always done a day trip to the beach. 2015 we did an overnight. Always gulf coast, Clearwater, st Petes Johns Pass. This year we are so undecided. Thought about trying cocoa beach but really love the tropics of the gulf coast. I'll be interested to see the replies
Clearwater, St. Petes and Cocoa beach are all sub tropical.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydoo-4
Helping Minnie

Thanks everyone for your help, l have just booked a lovely hotel on the beach in St Pete's. 4 very happy children.
scoobydoo-4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by scoobydoo-4 View Post
Thanks everyone for your help, l have just booked a lovely hotel on the beach in St Pete's. 4 very happy children.
That's great, which one did you book, we're looking at the grand plaza beachfront, not the cheapest but I love the look & location of it, there's a couple more im considering but that's my favourite

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by keeley78 View Post
That's great, which one did you book, we're looking at the grand plaza beachfront, not the cheapest but I love the look & location of it, there's a couple more im considering but that's my favourite
We stayed at the grand plaza in 2015 - it's really lovely
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List