Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Feb 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I always think that when people go to orlando and do not do disney, BUT go to DS and a resort or 2 it is like saying " Kids this is what you could have had "

always makes me laugh
Why make fun of how somebody else arranges their holiday?
Old 18 Feb 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Why make fun of how somebody else arranges their holiday?
make fun ? ? ?

seriously ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We're making our 5th visit this year and our kids (13 and 15) have had enough of the parks.
While my wife and I are looking forward to a slower paced holiday we would still like a little Disney so we've booked a couple of evening meals.
Boathouse at Disney Springs and O'hana at the Polynesian where we hope to be able to view the fireworks.
We also plan to visit the Boardwalk one evening.

Enjoy your holiday.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are not doing Disney this year but will go to DS.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are going without Disney tickets this year doing uni/ioa, Seaworld, Busch, aquatica and volcano bay. Plus Miami, cirque tickets very cheap via Thomson for a Disney fix, going to DS and either t-Rex or rainforest with a landrys card. Going to see the boardwalk and hopefully see illuminations plus going to a monorail hotel to see the new "wishes" show. We did Disney last year and my boys aren't particularly interested so wasn't forking out £££ for them not to be bothered. All the above is mainly for my Disney fix 😂😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Aside from the Disney stuff we are looking at airboat rides (sawgrass in Fort Lauderdale) glass bottom boat tour in key largo, seeing a minor baseball league game Florida fire frogs, silvermoon drive in theatre and a few other things are in the pipeline, don't be put off by one persons rude comment in here, Florida is huge with lots to offer.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going this year and don't plan on doing the parks either, except maybe a day in Busch gardens. Plenty around that isn't Disney. The main part of our holiday is a cruise on the second week. Quite sure we will find plenty to do that isn't in a theme park
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

We have been going for 17 years and I would say probably only done Disney on seven of those trips ,it's only since I started dibbing that I have discovered so many things that you can do to get a Disney fix without having a ticket for the parks, we are off in two weeks time and not buying Disney tickets this visit as we had them in September but we will visit Disney springs a few times , hubbie and I will also do a bit of hopping about the hotels which we did last year and really enjoyed. I love the fireworks and we are planning a visit to the contemporary to view these as well as drinks in trader sams at the poly! We have never yet been to the boardwalk so planning to do this in the evening as well so lots of Disney in our plans but not with tickets, we have universal two week tickets and this visit was also planned for wrestlmania as my son is a huge fan and also our usual trip to see the tampa bay rays ! I think with the rising costs of tickets if you are a returning visitor you learn quickly not to over buy tickets and take things at an easier pace , for us this is how we enjoy it so much and come back year after year xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Florida isnt only about Disney, so much to see and do. We did TL only because my kids insisted, me and dh wouldnt of bothered, a character breakfast. Went to universal/IOA had fun in the villa pool, ate loads of yummy food. Went shopping and bought loads. Went to Bradenton stayed in a gorgeous villas, visted Anna Maria Island, seista Key, Bradenton Beach, Went on a dolphin boat trip. Went to the cinema, played in the villa pool, shopped and ate out. Watching the sunset over the beach and eating on the beach at the Sandbar was my highlight. The weather wasnt the best but we had fun! We will still visit Florida when the kids have flown the nest and explore more without Disney!
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
I am the wrong side of forty - or right side of fifty - and we had a holiday without Disney tickets. My children seemed happy to have a few meals at the resorts and Disney Springs. Loved our holiday.

Delighted to be in the same holiday club as Mick and Joan
We are just doing universal this time so I love your idea of free Disney things to do. My kids are easy pleased and as they have been to Disney so many times and will again in the future I don't feel as though they are missing anything. Have a great trip x
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List