Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Feb 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

I wonder if you felt our of sorts because it just wasn't how you planned the day to be. I'm not very good at last minute changes of plans lol How fantastic that you got free tickets though.

I really want to go to this party, its be my dream for years. I think we would go to the party on this date too. Do you know if it was the first one? I just hope its quite if we get to do it this year.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done poot his politeness paid off big time today we went to MVMCP in 2014 and it was a really warm evening coming home after midnight with such a high temperature was surreal

Joan
Old 11 Feb 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I think tiredness probably contributed a lot to you feeling a bit out of sorts, it was obviously not your intention to stay out so late.

Your autograph book looks so awesome and a lovely keepsake.

A real shame about Alice because she's usually great! I do agree about the food at 1900 Park Fare though, probably the weakest of the breakfast buffets. We've never been wowed by the food at Be Our Guest either, although the soups are great - particularly the leek and potato.

I literally LOLed at Poot informing the CM of your penny pinching ways.
Hmm...yes...that wasn't at all embarrassing...

I've always been very frank with Poot about our daily budget, but apparently LESS CLEAR about keeping that information private...

Thanks for trying to excuse my ingratitude and for the soup tip. It's funny, leek and potato soup was one of the (very) few things I could eat when I was expecting Poot - and I haven't had a bowl of it since!

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
I wonder if you felt our of sorts because it just wasn't how you planned the day to be. I'm not very good at last minute changes of plans lol How fantastic that you got free tickets though.

I really want to go to this party, its be my dream for years. I think we would go to the party on this date too. Do you know if it was the first one? I just hope its quite if we get to do it this year.
I am pretty sure our party was the SECOND party of the year. I read on Touring Plans that the Tuesday night parties are the quietest - perhaps that's why we got our freebies.

And, yes, I struggle a bit with change...

Poot used to REALLY struggle with any kind of change to THE PLAN (I would guess you understand that), so I always tried to appear more "go with the flow" so that he didn't go bonkers. Praise the Lord, he has *mostly* grown out of his challenges...I wonder if it's something that runs in families. My mother and brother are this way, too...

As you can imagine, it's GREAT for my DH, who is like Mr. Spontaneous...

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well done poot his politeness paid off big time today we went to MVMCP in 2014 and it was a really warm evening coming home after midnight with such a high temperature was surreal

Joan
It was SO strange, wasn't it? My DH's godson married an Australian lass and lives out in Perth. He said even after fifteen years it still feels strange on Christmas Day to go to Church - and then go to the beach...

Poot's a lucky chap, he was rather spoiled by the CMs this holiday...

Thanks for (still) reading, Joan!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Wow, how amazing for you both to get free tickets to the Christmas party! Go poot! 😀
I get what you mean though about not feeling Christmassy/in the spirit, I would have probably felt the same in your situation to be honest (I can struggle with change too, especially when she it's last minute and I have something planned that I'm excited about!).
-Although, it looks like you had a fab night and got so much done. I bet the parade and fireworks were just magical 😍 I would love to experience Disney at Christmas time.

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ILOV3DOLPHINS View Post
Wow, how amazing for you both to get free tickets to the Christmas party! Go poot! 😀
I get what you mean though about not feeling Christmassy/in the spirit, I would have probably felt the same in your situation to be honest (I can struggle with change too, especially when she it's last minute and I have something planned that I'm excited about!).
-Although, it looks like you had a fab night and got so much done. I bet the parade and fireworks were just magical 😍 I would love to experience Disney at Christmas time.
Thanks for sticking with us, Dolphins - it's so nice when people comment on more than one post...it feels good to know I haven't lost you...

I've read about people getting freebies before, but that sort of thing never seems to happen to us - so it was an especial treat. My DH was rather horrified - "Did they think you were INDIGENT? What did the boy SAY?"

While we were queueing for the (infernal) Speedway, the people in front of us told us about Disney putting them up for an extra THREE DAYS free of charge when a blizzard closed their airport back home in Canada. I have felt rather nickel-and-dimed by Disney lately - it was nice to see (and hear about) some real generosity.

And thanks for trying to excuse my lack of Christmas spirit. The end of October/beginning of November really was a great time to be there - Poot loved all the Halloween stuff. For myself though, I think I would pick those first two weeks in December - all the unique-to-each-country Christmas things are going on at Epcot, it's really special...
Old 21 Feb 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Thanks for sticking with us, Dolphins - it's so nice when people comment on more than one post...it feels good to know I haven't lost you...

I've read about people getting freebies before, but that sort of thing never seems to happen to us - so it was an especial treat. My DH was rather horrified - "Did they think you were INDIGENT? What did the boy SAY?"

While we were queueing for the (infernal) Speedway, the people in front of us told us about Disney putting them up for an extra THREE DAYS free of charge when a blizzard closed their airport back home in Canada. I have felt rather nickel-and-dimed by Disney lately - it was nice to see (and hear about) some real generosity.

And thanks for trying to excuse my lack of Christmas spirit. The end of October/beginning of November really was a great time to be there - Poot loved all the Halloween stuff. For myself though, I think I would pick those first two weeks in December - all the unique-to-each-country Christmas things are going on at Epcot, it's really special...
No, you haven't lost me and I'm still very much following along
I've read lots of stories of people getting little dustings of Disney magic (and some a bit bigger!), it always sounds so amazing It's what Disney is all about, making your holiday trip just that little more special and magical.
Not going to lie, I have been looking at a possible trip to DLP this Christmas I know it's not Florida but it's the next best thing and if it means Disney at Christmas, I'm all for it!

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ILOV3DOLPHINS View Post
No, you haven't lost me and I'm still very much following along
I've read lots of stories of people getting little dustings of Disney magic (and some a bit bigger!), it always sounds so amazing It's what Disney is all about, making your holiday trip just that little more special and magical.
Not going to lie, I have been looking at a possible trip to DLP this Christmas I know it's not Florida but it's the next best thing and if it means Disney at Christmas, I'm all for it!
Ooh, that sounds nice!

I've only been to DLP twice (once in May 2009 and once in September 2011) but this year is SO tempting - I bet they will be going all out for the 25th Anniversary! And Christmas, too...
Old 27 Feb 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Glad Poot enjoyed meeting the MH What an annoying server though!

I LOVE the silhouette you got done! Where does that fab lady hang out? I so didn't know about this. Where have I been?! It's only my 9th trip this year...

Oh gutted about your steak. My hubby has had 2 perfect steaks from BoG!

Awwww amazing Disney magic with the party tickets even though you were unprepared! Haha! I just love the scarves on the WTP gang. Soooo flippin cute!
x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Glad Poot enjoyed meeting the MH What an annoying server though!

I LOVE the silhouette you got done! Where does that fab lady hang out? I so didn't know about this. Where have I been?! It's only my 9th trip this year...

Oh gutted about your steak. My hubby has had 2 perfect steaks from BoG!

Awwww amazing Disney magic with the party tickets even though you were unprepared! Haha! I just love the scarves on the WTP gang. Soooo flippin cute!
x
We had our silhouette done on Main Street. As you walk towards the castle, the cart is tucked away on the little (right-hand) side street - just past Main Street Jewelers. I *think* they also do them in (Epcot) France and I KNOW they do them at Disney Springs - but I love the Main Street atmosphere. Such a great souvenir!

That meal at BOG was not good. I love the theming - just wish the food lived up to its surroundings. It didn't help that the Beast photo is JUST. SO. BAD.

We were VERY lucky with pixie dust on this trip. It was a real treat to get to go to BOTH parties - but poor Poot had definitely had enough of the 100 Acre Wood gang by the time we met them for the third time, lol. I, on the other hand, wasn't passing up the chance to meet Eeyore (and Piglet)!

Thanks for staying with us!
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great bit of Pixie dust but I am with you on the whole 'if only you could have got back to get your Christmas stuff' I love a spontaneous gesture mind-you deserves it after the poor steak, your not having much luck with the food I think it's because you had such a good CRT experience ha ha. Another fab day for you both.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List