Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Oct 16, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Causin' Carnage 30th August 2016 - Day 19 Last Full Day - MK and Emergency Shopping

Those dreaded words now – Last Full Day!

We had to have an early start as we had an 8:30am ADR at Chef Mickeys so need to be out and on our way to MK early so we could walk over to the Contemporary. However, for various reasons, mainly tiredness I think, this basically just did not happen.

We ended up having to take the car and only managed to get there at 9am.

But it did mean I got one of these for the first time this holiday –

The Cast Members were quite relaxed with us turning up so late and we were soon seated.

We got some great pictures with the kids and the characters.

Despite them just about being adults now, the interaction was brilliant!

It’s lovely to see DS actually smile in these photos, as he won’t normally. Chef Mickeys was actually requested by DH, as he always enjoys it, and today's visit was certainly no different.

The breakfast itself was good, only about the 3rd or 4th time this holiday that breakfast didn’t consist simply of pastries!

After breakfast, DH took the car back, returning on the bus, DD popped over to Disney Springs as there was something specific she wanted (perfume I think) and DS and I walked to Magic Kingdom.

We rode Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean with only smallish waits.

DH and DD arrived together, having got on the same bus at different stops and we met up with them in Tomorrowland.

We had a last blast on Buzz and then went on Space Mountain.

We all look like we’re not taking any prisoners!

Having done our first two FPs, we left the park at 1:30pm to go back to SSR as we needed to do some emergency shopping.

After the soaking DH and I got at the football on Sunday, we had been trying to dry out our shoes. My Sketchers trainers were now bone dry, unfortunately DH's Adidas causal shoes were still soaking and the only other shoes he had with him were a pair of sandals which he did NOT want to travel home in – so another visit to the Premium Outlets was in order so he could get some shoes to travel home in!

Despite it being the last day, and us suggesting to the kids they stayed in the park, they decided to come with us. DD bought herself a Calvin Klein purse, DH got some new trainers – DS and I had a drink!

We were back at SSR before 3pm and started to pack. DH and I were done quite quickly, including the large amount of drinking glasses we seemed to acquire at Universal and had completed our packing with one of our cases only 1/3 full.

Obviously we still had to put our wash-bags in but there should be plenty of room to take any overflow from the kids.

I also did on-line check-in for tomorrows flight.

DD then decided to go out AGAIN to Disney Springs as she wanted to get some soap.

Around 5pm the grey clouds that had been around for several hours in all directions started dumping water everywhere. This was the start of the impact of a tropical storm approaching Florida.

Our plans for this evening were now being put in jeopardy – we had a FP for Splash opening at 7:45pm, as we wanted to ride it in the dark and then we were going to watch Wishes, as we hadn’t seen it since 2010.

DD was stranded in Disney Springs by the weather and the forecast was showing a massive rain cloud over Orlando.

Finally and with a heavy heart, we decided to ditched going to MK and booked a table at the Turf Club for 8:30pm. DH, DS and I had just about finished our packing, and I’d done 2 lots of washing and drying when DD turned up, having bought a poncho! The rain had pretty much stopped now anyway.

She had a shower to warm herself up and got ready for dinner. We went up early to have a pre-dinner drink and pay off the room bill – the final total for 14 days at SSR was $1307!

We also changed up our last Travellers cheques so we could pay for this evenings drinks and tips in cash, and also as we need the dollars for DD’s school trip to New York at half-term! The trips they do these days – I just went to the Imperial War Museum and the Commonwealth Institute!

DD joined us just as we were going into dinner, and we had –

Starters
DD – Bruschetta
DS – Tomato Bisque
Me – French Onion Soup

DH passed on a starter. We all had New York strips for the main course and DH had a dessert of Chocolate Torte.

DH had a cocktail which seemed to consist of several kinds of whiskey which he is still enthusing over nearly two months later, so it must have been good. I had a Pimms Punch.

After dinner DD went back to the room to finish her packing and DS, DH and I finished our drinks in the Lounge.

When we got back to the room, DD was lying in bed and her case and clothes were strewn all over OUR bed!

She somehow managed to then tidily pack a mountain of stuff into her case and put it out of the way on the floor. It was quite an impressive job to be fair.

The alarms were set for 8am and it was time for bed for the last time.

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great report👍
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The kids were great sports with the characters!

Such a shame the weather curtailed your plans, we were supposed to go to a Wishes Dessert Party last year but the fireworks were cancelled due to rain (no refund on party though), so we booked again for a few days later, I'm so glad we did now as it became the last time we'll ever see Wishes!

For four of you your room charges were actually very reasonable!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The kids were great sports with the characters!

Such a shame the weather curtailed your plans, we were supposed to go to a Wishes Dessert Party last year but the fireworks were cancelled due to rain (no refund on party though), so we booked again for a few days later, I'm so glad we did now as it became the last time we'll ever see Wishes!

For four of you your room charges were actually very reasonable!
Some times they are still just little ones!

Really frustrating - especially as having made the decision, the weather then improved!

Less than $100 a day was too bad - mine you we didn't have food to buy!

Old 29 May 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh what a shame about the weather spoiling your plans, it had been such a great day too. Fab pics from breakfast and not too much packing pain, that's always good.
Sad face. Coming home.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List