Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Feb 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

It would also be cheaper to holiday in a tent in Great Yarmouth, but sometimes we don't pick the cheapest option do we?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

dd has done both the day trip & overnight stay excursions through ATD and really enjoyed them felt they were good value too.
attraction-tickets-direc...iami-adventure
attraction-tickets-direc...s-Getaway-Tour

For a gun experience try florida fire arms adventure firearmsadventures/
a little bit further out but well worth the trip you get to try lots of different guns and different types of target. The experience lasts 4-5 hours
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I done this tour last July! Absolutely LOVED it, was definitely one of the best days we had in Florida!

I booked ours through Travel Republic was about £80. We got picked up from our Hotel at the Rosen inn @ the Pointe at 6.20am, done 2 more pick-ups then we were off on our way.

A lovely coach with toilet on board, a small breakfast bag was given to us when we got on the coach, and there was a stop off half way there for 20mins to stretch our legs, have a bathroom break in the service station and buy snacks etc there too. Then we headed off again.
The driver was great and put a DVD on for us to watch on the way there then as we neared Miami he pointed out a few spots, told us some information then put some music videos on eg Will Smith's Miami song etc.

The coach was full, and some people weren't doing the same tour as us so we dropped them off at Bayside for them to do their thing while we were taken to the Everglades for our airboat ride and Alligator information session. We were there for about an hour and a bit I think, then back on the bus to head back to Bayside Shopping area where we had about an hour and a half free time. We done some shopping then headed tp the Hard Rock Cafe for something to eat.
Then back to the meeting point at about 3pm to collect our tickets from the bus driver/guide for the Star boat tour. Again really enjoyed this and there was a bar onboard so we were able to have a few cheeky drinks while having a nosey at the rich and famous houses lol.

Off the boat about an hour and a half later and back on the bus to go to Miami Beach. There we had about an hour and a half's free time. We went to the beach for half an hour, had a wander and some photos on Ocean Drive and beachfront headed to the big Walgreen's for some shopping for more souvenirs then headed next door to TGI Fridays for something to eat. Afterwards we popped back into Walgreens for a few last minute buys and snacks then back on the bus for around 7pm.

The driver going wasn't driving going back as it's against the law there so we had another driver, but our 1st driver came back with us, he talked away to us all on the mic, then came around the bus asking about our day etc. Another DVD was put on about an hour in and then we had a stop halfway back again for 20mins. We got off to stretch our legs, buy some more drinks and another couple souvenirs lol then back on the bus for home. We were back at our hotel again for 11.30pm and eating pizza not long after lol.

Was definitely one of the main highlights of my one and only visit to Florida and if I ever have the opportunity to go back to Florida again I'll definitely be doing this day tour again.
We didn't notice the time going by on the journey there as our driver was great with entertainment and told us some information and history about Orlando and Miami as we left Orlando and got closer to Miami.

We done so much in the day, had enough free time to do what we wanted to do and experienced so much more than what we had planned. We weren't and didn't feel rushed at all and didn't feel restricted to the time's given to us to meet up for our activities.

Would recommend this trip to anyone and everyone, and have already done so to friends and family who are going this year
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

BTW just to add we done our tour on a Thursday
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma75
Gone all Goofy

Wow thanks for the review Irishlass that is great to know as we have just booked this trip. DH didn't fancy driving & now I can show him a real review of the daytrip, it sounds fantastic & I think it will be a highlight of our holiday
Emma75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

do the drive yourself, stay overnight, spread it over (at least) two days. any less isnt worth the 8 hours of driving!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
BTW just to add we done our tour on a Thursday
Thanks for that.

To everyone else:-

Looks like the same trip offered by
travel republic for £86 each travelrepublic/v2/...iami-adventure

or

Florida escapes for £82.54 each
floridaescapes/tou...iami-adventure

Anyone used Florida escapes - £10 cheaper, but am i better going through travel republic
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma75
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by barnsleyfan View Post
Thanks for that.

To everyone else:-

Looks like the same trip offered by
travel republic for £86 each travelrepublic/v2/...iami-adventure

or

Florida escapes for £82.54 each
floridaescapes/tou...iami-adventure

Anyone used Florida escapes - £10 cheaper, but am i better going through travel republic
Hi, we have just booked with Florida Escapes for this trip, I have emailed them a couple of times asking questions & they have got back to me almost immediately so I am happy with the service so far.
Emma75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List