Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 08, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anyone done a carnival cruise?

got a really good price for a seven day orlando stay and seven day eastern carribbean cruise just wondered if anyone had any info or tips to share.

Edited at 09:44 PM.
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
booked it anyway through ocean florida anyone used them?
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Hi we've booked through Ocean Florida for Orlando next year. I have been reading stuff on here and they seem to be OK and quite cheap...
I have not been on a Carnival Cruise, but have done 2 Celebrity cruises out of Miami, I think it was the Eastern Caribbean Itinery we did... we spoke to several people at our ports of call from Carnival ships, they said they were really good, friendly and fun...think there are quite a few cruise forums out there to chat on and ask questions, get googling

cruise-addicts/forums/index.php

Heres one to get you started
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
STEBEE25
Excited about Disney

Was on a Carnival ship in May from Port Canveral to Bahamas, very good, booked thru Vacations2go, a US company but have free telephone contact from the UK. Very good prices from them can save up to 70%.
STEBEE25 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 08, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ajmaggs
Serious Dibber

We did a Carnival Cruise in September - Eastern Caribbean, visiting Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, and San Juan. We were meant to go to Grand Turk as well, but that port was cancelled due to the damage caused by the hurricane that had hit a couple of weeks previous.

Generally, we enjoyed the cruise. The cabins (and we had the cheapest, lowest deck, inside cabins), were fine, plenty of room and comfortable. Didn't miss having a window/porthole, as most of the time we were in the cabin, our eyes were shut anyway!

Food was very good. I did have some reservations on the first night, when I saw huge numbers of plates being moved around stacked on plate warming covers, but when the dish was served to you, the quality was very good. There was also always a good selection on the dinner menu. you could also use the buffet restaurant for dinner if the a la carte menu didn't inspire you.

The one downside, to me at least, was the entertainment. It was a little bit Butlins for my taste (hairy chest and eating competitions...) The nighttime shows were OK, but there wasn't enough variety over the course of the week. Of course, the entertainment is geared very much to the American market, as this makes up the vast majority of the passengers, and this probably governs the style of entertainment offered.

We'll probably cruise again, but I think next time, it will be a different line, to compare.
Old 3 Dec 08, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

check out cruise-critic.com
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 08, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread