Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 09, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jjdmc
Excited about Disney

cruise

Going on our 1st disney cruise on 27th april cant wait.Has anybody been on the cruise would like to know what the staterooms are like?there will be 5 of us in a family deluxe stateroom.
jjdmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 09, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi

Welcome to the boards

If you have a look at the trip reports at the top of this forum, there are some reports on the cruises and some photos of the staterooms.

I am sure you will have a great cruise
Old 8 Jan 09, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi and welcome !
Never been - would love too!
any room in your suitcase for a little one... ?
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 09, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Have been (photo trip report is linked under my signature) and have booked to go again!

Disney cruises are out of this world although with the dollar rate dropping, they're not quite as good value recently.
Get to the port early (around 10.30-11am) and you will be one of the first to board the ship.
Book the children into the Clubs in the terminal if you get there early .. get your pager and then you're all set.

Put the little ones in their swim stuff under their normal clothing and they'll be first in the pools (it'll be the quietest time of the whole cruise). We ate lunch when we got onboard at Beach Blanket Buffet (by Mickey Pool) and it was lovely ... oh lordy, to be there again!

Have a lovely time and if you need any more advice, please let us know.
Old 8 Jan 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Have been on two 3 day Disney Cruises. You will love it I am sure!

Tips:

If you get chance book to go to Palo - worth the extra small supplement and by far the best restaurant on the ship. Havent been on a 7 day cruise but from the posts on here it looks like the Palo Brunch and Afternoon Tea are just as good.

You will need to reserve this in advance (90 days if you have not cruised on Disney before) You are only allowed one reservation per cruise as the restaurant is small.

The children love the kids club so make the most of the free time if they like it in there. My son was hooked on the Wii and other games and we never saw him on both cruises as they will also take them to the restaurant if you so wish.

Nassau is an experience once you can get over the change of pace and get across the road - but I think its a must just to get off the ship and wander around even if you dont do anything else. It was better 2nd time around for us and we visited the rum cake factory (small shop) but delicious cakes and hubby bought me a ring! which was a gamble as you are not sure how genuine they are until you get home but its paid off as he paid £330 for it and it was valued recently at £895. It was even altered to size on the day.

The shows are okay - if you have small children they are great but once seen we didnt go again - not fantasmic

The adult bars and clubs are good. The 70's night was great and all the staff work really hard.

Staterooms are beautiful and I envy that you are in a low category as we were in Cat 11 both times but would have really liked some light or a balcony

Food is good and plentiful - soft drinks and tea coffee are free. Room Service is free - tip at your discretion - alcohol is to be paid for.

Do not miss the BBQ on Castaway Cay - worth skipping breakfast for and the Island is beautiful - we hired bikes and explored.

If you are on 2nd sitting on Pirates of the Carribean Night dont eat too much if you are intending to join the midnight buffet.

Dont pack all your clothes on the last night before despatching your case as my husband did the first time. Immigration then took place at 6.00 am in the Large Theatre area and hubby had to present his passport on stage in his shorty PJ's and go to breakfast in the same attire! Needless to say he didnt pack them all again!

One of my longest memories was watching - Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Mans Chest out on the Deck on the big screen and knowing that we were right there in the middle of the Carribean.

The worse part of the cruise for us was -- getting off

We are so hooked we are hoping to book a 7 day this year with our DVC points.

Have a great time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 09, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by jules_c View Post
Immigration then took place at 6.00 am in the Large Theatre area and hubby had to present his passport on stage in his shorty PJ's and go to breakfast in the same attire! Needless to say he didnt pack them all again!
Luckily you don't have to do this Immigration thing anymore .. just get off as normal with the other peasants!

Envy you going again this year! :angry:
Old 9 Jan 09, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Have been (photo trip report is linked under my signature) and have booked to go again!

Disney cruises are out of this world although with the dollar rate dropping, they're not quite as good value recently.
Get to the port early (around 10.30-11am) and you will be one of the first to board the ship.
Book the children into the Clubs in the terminal if you get there early .. get your pager and then you're all set.

Put the little ones in their swim stuff under their normal clothing and they'll be first in the pools (it'll be the quietest time of the whole cruise). We ate lunch when we got onboard at Beach Blanket Buffet (by Mickey Pool) and it was lovely ... oh lordy, to be there again!

Have a lovely time and if you need any more advice, please let us know.
I agreed with you... this cruise is awesome...

I am sad because no planning for this cruise this year but we go Baltic with Disney next year...

Disney Cruise is best and my kids loved it... my son always crying when we departed...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jjdmc
Excited about Disney

disney cruise

Thanks to everyone who wrote me back really helped alot.Can't wait to go . really loved the pictures bats put on the website really great loved them all thanks.
joanne.
jjdmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread