Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 09, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhayley
Imagineer

Dont really like boats!

I know you will all be saying then why think about going on a cruise?

The Disney cruise ship looks good. We are going out to the house for just short of a month in April/May and DH and I would like a couple of days away by ourselves.

We have never looked at cruising the Med as it all seems a bit formal for us so the fun ships look the ticket.

Problem is I dont like boats, well, not strictly true, I dont like them when they are very rocky. I have only ever been on two boat journeys, one to cross the channel and the other from Harwich to the Hook of Holland (which was very rocky)

Does anyone have any experience of the Disney cruise in May, does it get rocky?

Thanks for any help...
andyhayley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 09, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi andyhayley, never been on a Disney cruise (yet ) but have been on an Alaskan cruise in May of last year.
I also do not like boats We are going over to France on Sunday and I am dreading it as usual
I just wanted to tell you that while we are on the Alaskan cruise the water was so smooth that we honestly didn't know that we were on a boat half the time. Apparently they have stabilizers on them We had the holiday of a lifetime and would not have missed it for the world. I hope you take the plunge( ) and give it a go, I am sure you will both have a fantastic time.
Now, if you were to ask me about going out Whale watching in Monterey Bay, California that's another story x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 09, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

We went in August and we didnt feel a thing it was so smooth.And we all slept like logs.
Old 12 Feb 09, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We went on a RC cruise over new year (our first), from Port Canaveral stopping at Coco Cay and Nassau, we were fine for the first 3 days although when we got off at Coco Cay and Nassau we did feel like we were still on the boat and my head did go dizzy a couple of times. On our last day the sea was v choppy and up and down, when we went for dinner I must admit I did feel quite unwell, we went back to the cabin later on to do the last few bits of packing and to put the kids to bed, and I said to my DH that I wanted to get off, it felt like a ride at Disney that just would not stop. It took us along while to get to sleep or to even lay down for that matter, and I could not wait for the morning to come. Well the upshot is we are not rushing to book another cruise yet, although I would love to do another one as we all loved the atmosphere, food, and visiting different places everyday.

Hope this does not put you off too much,

Nicola
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
At first time at Disney Wonder Cruise, I was worrying about my son as he don't like the any rides in the park... Thought I might drag him along the Cruise but I didn't as my son Keith was looking forward to...
Turn out he loved it and keep tell me when go back on the cruise..

Now it will be our 4th Disney Cruise...

When we departed the Cruise, Keith was crying all the way out, oh he made my throat lump, as I know he had a good times...

3 times on Disney Cruise was smooth but at last year was a bit rough at end... but Keith was fine...

same with my fil didn't want come with us in 2nd Cruise and I went over and had talking with him then he came with us.. yes he loved it and he said it was best relaxing and make him feel great (he is ill)...

I cannot wait to go back next year as I wish to go this year but watch our money crunch...

GO FOR IT

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 09, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Are you thinking of sailing DCL in the Med or in the Caribbean ?

I have been across the channel a few times, and I have been across the Bay Of Biscay in rough seas.. ...believe me cruising in the Caribbean is NOTHING like that !

It can get a little rough on the first night coming out of Port Canaveral as you cross the Gulf Stream - but apart from that, it is generally plain sailing .

Of course storms at sea cannot be ruled out, but the captain will steer around them where ever possible.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 09, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread