Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jan 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Draft plan - October 2017

Hi everyone,

It's my first post here and I know I'm planning waaaay in advance but I'm just so excited and wanted to make sure I was on the right tracks before I start planning my ADR's etc.

Quick bit of info - this is our first trip as a family which includes myself, my partner and 3 kids who will be aged 11, 9 and 5.

Tues 17th: Arrival day - browse resort in evening
Wed 18th: Magic Kingdom all day/evening rest
Thurs 19th: Rest morning/Epcot for the rest of the day inc. evening
Fri 20th: Water park all day/Fireworks evening
Sat 21st: Animal Kingdom all day/Rest evening
Sun 22nd: Hollywood Studios all day/Disney Springs evening
Mon 23rd: Rest morning/Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day inc. evening
Tues 24th: Epcot all day/Rest evening
Wed 25th: Water park all day/Fireworks evening
Thurs 26th: Animal Kingdom AM/PM - ?/Evening - Boardwalk?
Fri 27th: Day time - ?/Evening - Disney Springs?
Sat 28th: Day time - ?/Evening - Magic Kingdom?
Sun 29th: Day time - ?/Late afternoon - head to airport

There is room for manoeuvre as obviously nothing extra is yet booked.

Our ADR wish list includes Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, T-Rex and Sci Fi Dine in.
Our activity wish list includes MNSSHP, Bibbido Bobbidi Boutique and Jedi Training.

Any days that show rest will include chilling at the resort - we're staying at Caribbean Beach, pool time, movie nights, visiting other resorts.

How am I looking so far?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Hi. I'm a newbie as well, also going in October
Our kids will be 10&8. Kids have never flown and me and wife haven't dealt with jet lag in 10 years.

The advice on here seems to be to pace yourself. Time difference means you'll be up early on the first few days so plan your parks on early EMHs.

I also discovered that one of TL or BB will be closed for annual refurb in October which is a ≈≈≈≈≈≈.

If EMH works out we're planning on doing MK for rope drop, brunch at Chef Mickey or 1900 then back to pool for afternoon. Tea about 5 in Epcot and try to do Soarin or Test Track. Early EMH again on day 2 with lunch and then pool time in the afternoon.

Although I've got no idea what I'm doing either! Can't wait though
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Like previous post, beware that the first couple of morning you will be up at about 4am! So, use these morning to go to the parks, and plan rest afternoon/evening, later in the holiday, your body clock will adjust, so you will want slower start in the morning, and stay out in evenings!
Ps...we are planning magic kingdom on 18th too!
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies.

We were advised that when we went to New York last year and I remember thinking that I couldn't imagine us being up at that time in the morning but everyone was right and we were up at 4am on the first morning so we'll definitely follow that plan.

Captbnut - that's a shame if true about TL or BB? I know BB is closed at the moment...

16offtodisney - See you at MK on the 18th then!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

There's something on here about regular maintenance. If it follows the pattern then BB will be shut. We fly out on 19th. If last year follows we'll be at Mk on Fri 20 for EMH.

There was a thread yesterday about jetlag advice. I know we'll be up early whatever time we go to sleep on arrival day so we're planning check in, QS meal at AKL and probably asleep by 1830 US time. We'll unpack when we wake up at 4!
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Probably not worth listening to me on timings as my lot are lunatics who can get up at 6am everyday and not get back till midnight, sometimes later. We tend to hit our pool on the first couple of days at 4am because of the time difference.

We don't find water parks hold our interest for a whole day, but you might be different. Kids obviously love water parks

If you have lots of energy and depending on what time you get to your hotel you may be able to squeeze in a visit to somewhere interesting on the first night. We did Boardwalk last time, and this time we'll probably do Disney Springs.

Good luck with the planning!
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello
Pacing yourself is definitely the key, we haven't got children but we go to the park's early and then have the afternoon for either pool time or maybe checking out another hotel and then evening in the parks for the fireworks after dinner.
HAPPY PLANNING
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The day you want to do Jedi Training, it is worth getting to HS quite a bit before opening so you are queueing near the front of the turnstiles (left hand side). Then you can have a brisk walk to sign in - make sure you have the child with you - ensuring you get booked in for a slot without too much of a wait. The first time we did it we had a queue of over 45 mins to sign in, second time 10 mins (the value of planning!).
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Bare in mind that by the time October comes around there may be later openings if Avatar land is to schedule and rivers of light is finally sorted. We are there from the 2nd - 23rd October but will be at Universal by the time you arrive. Your kids will love every minute. Agree with pacing yourself. I was up at a very reasonable 6.30am the first few mornings and had to wake the kids every day of our holiday last year (7, 10, 14) Just see how you go when you get there. You're rough plan looks fine. We mostly followed our plan last year although a few last minute changes if I thought the kids needed a long lie or an early night.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List