Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Jan 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Orlando first-timer's 3 week plan...any thoughts please?

Hi all.

I've been busy drafting up a 3 week itinerary for our July/Aug holiday, recently, and it is so exciting!

I'd really appreciate any thoughts/tips/advice on it, please.

Here it is:

Day 1 (Tues): Arrive at Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando, food shop, get bearings etc.
Day 2 (Weds): Seaworld
Day 3 (Thurs): Aquatica
Day 4 (Fri): Rest day/i-drive attractions/minigolf etc. Possibly booking Dolphins up close tour at Seaworld, so maybe a morning at SW.
Day 5 (Sat): Busch Gardens
Day 6 (Sun): Check-in to RPR for 1 night – early entry whichever park has it, do HP ride, then Hogwarts Express to other park to do all but HP bit there.
Day 7 (Mon): Other Universal park, starting with HP.
Day 8 (Tues): Discovery Cove
Day 9 (Weds): Blizzard Beach
Day 10 (Thurs): Animal Kingdom
Day 11 (Fri): Magic Kingdom for the whole day and evening (!)
Day 12 (Sat): Rest day/i-drive attractions/Shopping. Possibly booking Dolphins up close tour at Seaworld, so maybe a morning at SW..
Day 13 (Sun): Hollywood Studios
Day 14 (Mon): Volcano Bay
Day 15 (Tues): Adventure Island waterpark, Tampa. Busch Gardens for a couple of hours in the afternoon
Day 16 (Weds): Epcot
Day 17 (Thurs): Lie in, then head over to Gatorland for a few hours and shopping on the way back. More of a chilled day, this one.
Day 18 (Fri): Maybe Universal/IOA to mop up anything missed/spend more time in WWHP
Day 19 (Sat): Magic Kingdom or Epcot (more likely Epcot) to mop up
Day 20 (Sun): Rest day/I-drive attractions/minigolf/shopping etc
Day 21 (Mon): Typhoon Lagoon
Day 22 (Tues): Disney Springs for bag drop/shopping, then back to hotel for airport transfer.

So, what do we all reckon?

Cheers,

Chris.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

For us any activity not in a park is a rest day so we wouldn't have a rest day next to a water park.
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
linlin
Excited about Disney

linlin's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Chris
We went 3 years ago in August and are going again this year for 3 weeks.
I found it handy to make a fridge door daily planer so everyone ( 6 of us) could see each night what we would be doing the next day. I tried to intersperse heavy days with days at the water parks etc and used the busy day guide for the planning. See pics below and you'll get the idea. If you have paint on your computer its easy to alter things to suit your needs

After that I make tour plans of the parks listing the rides in order we will do incorporating fast passes. These plans are not written in stone but they do save time if you have a basic idea of where your going in the parks. I tend to print park map with rides shown and list on reverse the rides and tips for that park.

The pics are rubbish I Know, I've tried following Dibbs instructions for
posting pics but there still coming out too small and out of focus, sorry, baffled as to how to get them right.

Hope this helps

LinLin

Edited at 12:05 PM.
linlin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

This is all great advice, thanks very much!

I have looked at busy day guides for July/August of this year and made a few changes to which Disney parks we do on which days. I have also booked the Dolphins Up close tour at Seaworld, so that one is carved in stone now. This is what we're looking at now (Changes in bold):

Day 1 (Tues): Arrive at Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando, food shop, get bearings etc.
Day 2 (Weds): Seaworld
Day 3 (Thurs): Aquatica
Day 4 (Fri): Rest day/i-drive attractions/minigolf etc. Dolphins Up close tour booked for 11am, so starting the day at Seaworld.
Day 5 (Sat): Busch Gardens
Day 6 (Sun): Check-in to RPR for 1 night – early entry whichever park has it, do main HP ride, then Hogwarts Express to other park to do all but HP bit there.
Day 7 (Mon): Other Universal park, starting with HP.
Day 8 (Tues): Discovery Cove
Day 9 (Weds): Blizzard Beach
Day 10 (Thurs): Magic Kingdom for the whole day and evening (!)
Day 11 (Fri): Hollywood Studios
Day 12 (Sat): Rest day/i-drive attractions/Shopping. Looking at booking Blue Man Group for this evening..
Day 13 (Sun): Animal Kingdom
Day 14 (Mon): Volcano Bay
Day 15 (Tues): Adventure Island waterpark, Tampa, and then Busch Gardens for a couple of hours in the afternoon
Day 16 (Weds): Epcot
Day 17 (Thurs): Lie in, then head over to Gatorland for a few hours and shopping on the way back. More of a chilled day, this one.
Day 18 (Fri): Maybe Universal/IOA to mop up anything missed/spend more time in WWHP
Day 19 (Sat): Magic Kingdom or Epcot (more likely Epcot) to mop up
Day 20 (Sun): Rest day/I-drive attractions/minigolf/shopping etc
Day 21 (Mon): Typhoon Lagoon
Day 22 (Tues): Disney Springs for bag drop/shopping, then back to hotel for airport transfer.

Any other thoughts/advice appreciated, please!

Edited at 12:36 PM.
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not sure I'd go to Tampa twice (especially not just for two hours in the park) , I'd probably book a night somewhere on the Gulf instead and have two straight days there or drop the 2 hour trip altogether.

No KSC ? You could do KSC and time on Melbourne beach after
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Not sure I'd go to Tampa twice (especially not just for two hours in the park) , I'd probably book a night somewhere on the Gulf instead and have two straight days there or drop the 2 hour trip altogether.

No KSC ? You could do KSC and time on Melbourne beach after
Hi! Thanks for your thoughts.

I can't say anyone in our party is interested in KSC so we're not too fussed about missing it.

I've just edited the plan for the 2nd Tampa day, to make it clearer that we will be going to the water park across the road from BG for a few hours, then crossing over to BG for the afternoon.

Thanks again!
Old 14 Feb 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not sure if you mean its your first three week trip or your first trip.
If it is your first trip I would suggest more time at MK. You could easily tag this on at the end of water park days. If you've been before then obviously you know your preferences.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
Not sure if you mean its your first three week trip or your first trip.
If it is your first trip I would suggest more time at MK. You could easily tag this on at the end of water park days. If you've been before then obviously you know your preferences.
Thats a good idea. We could maybe go to Disney Springs for shopping/food after Typhoon Lagoon (our last full day), then go into Magic Kingdom for the last evening of the holiday.

It's my first trip, ever. I've been waiting for this ever since I was 10 years old...I'm 32 now! My wife has been a few times before, but never in the height of summer, so i'm trying to plan a bit more than she did, to ensure we don't waste too much of our time/experience more stuff while we're there!