Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Feb 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
I thought I'd take a gamble and book this online, paying deposit only.

I needed 2 cabins, so I opened 2 tabs and filled everything in up to payment page.

I took a deep breath and pressed pay - then nothing!

I tried for over an hour, changing to different credit cards and re doing it from scratch a couple of times, but it wouldn't let me book and gave no explanation of why

ETA: JUST CHECKED AGAIN AND NOW WHATEVER DATES/CABIN GRADES I TRY IT'S ALL SHOWING AS SOLD OUT
maybe they are updating as Dafodil said? you sure you did not book anything?
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
maybe they are updating as Dafodil said? you sure you did not book anything?
I was a bit concerned that a payment may have been taken, as it did flicker onto another page when I pressed "Book" but nothing has gone out of my account. I've had no notification from NCL

I'll be interested to see what happens to the bookings that were made - Good luck!

Edited at 12:35 AM.
Tracyjj0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
I was a bit concerned that a payment may have been taken, as it did flicker onto another page when I pressed "Book" but nothing has gone out of my account. I've had no notification from NCL

I'll be interested to see what happens to the bookings that were made - Good luck!
thank you! I have fingers and toes crossed... just hope whatever is decided it's done ASAP so we know - I suppose no news is good news?!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

any update on this, pls?

Think we might be doing the 7 night from Seaward to Vancouver and arrange our own land tour prior to boarding.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

hi Dee, nothing 100% however i spoke to my TA and they have checked and confirmed 'everything is ok' with the booking. she even spoke with NCL who confirmed the tour and cruise was on the booking. so i still have fingers and toes crossed!

looks like the tour & cruise has been removed from the UK site tho!
Old 11 Feb 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

thanks. DH just booked the cruise for Sept '18 and not sure if we're going to book a land tour with a separate company prior to the cruise, or possibly hire a car?
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Hi Dee,
Can I ask why you decided to go for this cruise?
I don't know much about NCL (or any cruise line to be honest!) I knew I wanted to go to Alaska but I only booked this one (without doing any research!) because of the glitch price with the land tour. If our booking does end up getting cancelled I'll need to decide whether to keep the NCL cruise itself or look at other cruise lines. That's why I'm really interested on your opinions of the cruise. Like you, I would also look to arrange our own land tour to include Denali and Seward - but perhaps not up as far as Fairbanks.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Hi Dee,
Can I ask why you decided to go for this cruise?
I don't know much about NCL (or any cruise line to be honest!) I knew I wanted to go to Alaska but I only booked this one (without doing any research!) because of the glitch price with the land tour. If our booking does end up getting cancelled I'll need to decide whether to keep the NCL cruise itself or look at other cruise lines. That's why I'm really interested on your opinions of the cruise. Like you, I would also look to arrange our own land tour to include Denali and Seward - but perhaps not up as far as Fairbanks.
it's DH"s choice next year so I'm not 100% sure at the moment!

I think he compared the itinerary / ports and for the length of time (7 nights) it did more of what he wanted (Hubbard and Icy Strait, Soy Glacier, Inside passage especially I think), without backing up on itself.
It goes from Seward so he's planning around a week on land before - think this is the tour that he liked but not done too much research at the moment - not sure if we'll try and do a self drive or something organised, that's this week's 'homework' lol! goalaskatours/Custom-...erry-rail.html

We wanted to finish in Vancouver so we could go shopping for Tassimo coffee to bring home for DH :pig:

would be our first time with NCL but would be our 19th cruise on assorted lines, so can't say anything about the ship other than what we've read online. Like the freestyle dining but not very happy with the policy of not allowing you to take your own bottled water aboard! We got free alcoholic and soft drinks package so DH happy with that (I don't drink alcohol).

Edited at 11:55 PM.
Old 12 Feb 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

That's really helpful Dee, thanks for taking the time to reply. I like the look of the itinerary too. I'd originally decided on Princess but I knew I'd like to go to Seward, not Whittier so it definitely ticks that box. Also anytime dining - would suit us very well indeed.
We got the free drinks package too but our 18 year olds got the non alcoholic version like yourself. Do you happen to know if it's only fizzy drinks you receive on this or any still drinks (neither of my girls drink fizzy).
The only other cruise we've ever done is 4 nights on the Disney Dream last year and we LOVED it! However, all soft drinks were free, could take our own wine and water etc so I supppse the free drinks packaging NCL is fairly valuable.
I'm very encouraged that experienced cruisers like yourselves like the look of this cruise. Thanks for taking the time to reply and please do update with what you thoughts are on your land tour x
Ps we want to finish with a few days in Vancouver too so DD can go to where they film Once Upon a Time! I'm not complaining because the do orca watching trips from Steveson jetty 😃
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List