Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 7 Feb 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
New Year's Eve on the beach...

Hi we head out to Florida on the 28th of December and stay until 16th of January

From the 29th we will be at the beach for four days and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what we could do for New Year's Eve ?

We have a lovely apartment at treasure island but more the Madeira beach side. We also have kids ages from baby to 17 so no mad partying for us

Any suggestions much appreciated

Edited at 01:01 AM.
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Mobile

Anyone?
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

You'll need to check nearer the time but it's likely that St Pete Beach will have fireworks on the beach on NYE.

Other than that you've stumped me with the baby as I would assume you will be in the apartment at midnight.

There is no guarantee of warm weather at that time of the year so be prepared for lots of indoor fun rather than on the beach.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by masterchef View Post
You'll need to check nearer the time but it's likely that St Pete Beach will have fireworks on the beach on NYE.

Other than that you've stumped me with the baby as I would assume you will be in the apartment at midnight.

There is no guarantee of warm weather at that time of the year so be prepared for lots of indoor fun rather than on the beach.
Can you see the fireworks from treasure island ? It might be nice to watch them from the balcony
Old 8 Feb 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by masterchef View Post

Also this new year it was high 70s every day and while it's no guarantee for this new year we try to not be as negative! We will make the most of it regardless of the weather the same way we do in August during heavy downpours in Orlando. Unless my baby is Cinderella I'm sure it will be fine to stay out and watch the fireworks the same way parents do at magic kingdom at night. Thankyou .
Old 18 Feb 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Also this new year it was high 70s every day and while it's no guarantee for this new year we try to not be as negative! We will make the most of it regardless of the weather the same way we do in August during heavy downpours in Orlando. Unless my baby is Cinderella I'm sure it will be fine to stay out and watch the fireworks the same way parents do at magic kingdom at night. Thankyou .
We are exactly the same, going for two weeks including over new year. And we have a baby in tow who will be about 18 months old.

We have booked an apartment in Clearwater for the night, paying just over £500 for a 2 bedroomed apartment. It will sleep up to 8 so if we get another few tag alongs we can accommodate them too.

We thought it would be good to give us a couple of days away from the parks as it will be busy at that time and although I don't mind been in the parks at midnight with the baby, I think new year at the parks would be a massive ask for all of us. Plan is early set off from Orlando on NYE then spend New Year's Day Busch Gardens before heading back to Orlando.

Seems to be lots to do on new year including fireworks on the beach and a bit of a party on the pier. Have a look on YouTube at this years event.

No guarantee of the weather but as me grandad use to say "it doesn't rain in the Ale house!". Absolutely no qualms about having the baby up at midnight. We will have his pram and if he's asleep he's asleep if not he isn't.
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
We are exactly the same, going for two weeks including over new year. And we have a baby in tow who will be about 18 months old.

We have booked an apartment in Clearwater for the night, paying just over £500 for a 2 bedroomed apartment. It will sleep up to 8 so if we get another few tag alongs we can accommodate them too.

We thought it would be good to give us a couple of days away from the parks as it will be busy at that time and although I don't mind been in the parks at midnight with the baby, I think new year at the parks would be a massive ask for all of us. Plan is early set off from Orlando on NYE then spend New Year's Day Busch Gardens before heading back to Orlando.

Seems to be lots to do on new year including fireworks on the beach and a bit of a party on the pier. Have a look on YouTube at this years event.

No guarantee of the weather but as me grandad use to say "it doesn't rain in the Ale house!". Absolutely no qualms about having the baby up at midnight. We will have his pram and if he's asleep he's asleep if not he isn't.
Ah we will be there at the same time 😁 I'm really excited ! I have zero worries at having a baby up at midnight especially not on holiday. The fireworks with a few margaritas sounds like a perfect plan. I didn't even think of checking YouTube what a fab idea that will be tonight's viewing 😋. I'm very much looking forward to this new experience and a newyear we won't forget x
Old 20 Feb 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We were on St. Pete's beach Dec 31st 2016. We drove back to Kissimmee in the evening so cannot comment about the fireworks at midnight part - but watching the last sunset of 2016 whilst the kids played in the sea and built sandcastles was a fab end to the year.
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Originally Posted by ellie-mai View Post
We were on St. Pete's beach Dec 31st 2016. We drove back to Kissimmee in the evening so cannot comment about the fireworks at midnight part - but watching the last sunset of 2016 whilst the kids played in the sea and built sandcastles was a fab end to the year.
Thank you Ellie that sounds perfect. Memories you will keep forever