Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

P o Arcadia or Brittainia ?

Hi have narrowed it down to 2 Norwegien 7 night fjords cruises.

This will be our first cruise which would you choice

Acadia (adult only)cruise 1st week of our 2 weeks off work so a chilled out week when we r return

OR

Brittiania family ship second week of our holiday(off work) so back to work day after we get back

Also which deck would you choice looking at balcony mid ship but no idea which deck, any suggestions or advice

Thanks
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I cruise with P&O but haven't been on either of those ships. I have heard that Britannia is a bit 'soul-less'. Also, are the ports of call the same ? I would guess that Arcadia might be able to get into some Fjords that Brittania couldn't due to size.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Re deck - mid ship and lower down you are less likely to feel movement. I'd just look at the deck plan and aim to stay away from an area which is the floor above or below a bar.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Thanks
Anyone else been on either of these ships, would y o u think a adult only ship would be a bit more formal than a family ship?
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Been on Arcadia to the fjords. Awesome! On brittania in Jan 18 to the Caribbean.

Arcadia for your first week would win hands down. Have an extra couple of nights in Southampton. We went to the Portsmouth dockyard. Great day out.
I've done a report on our trip on the forum- on my phone so can't copy and paste.

Happy to answer any questions.

Also if your on FB there are P&O groups for the ships. All very helpful.

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think the adult only would be more formal, as P&O don't do huge numbers of children anyway.
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Been on Arcadia to the fjords. Awesome! On brittania in Jan 18 to the Caribbean.

Arcadia for your first week would win hands down. Have an extra couple of nights in Southampton. We went to the Portsmouth dockyard. Great day out.
I've done a report on our trip on the forum- on my phone so can't copy and paste.

Happy to answer any questions.

Also if your on FB there are P&O groups for the ships. All very helpful.

Katie x
Thanks the dates for Acadia suit us better was a bit concerned it may be a bit more formal is the entertainment similar.
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

The entertainment will be very similar - P&O have their own show troupe (The Headliners) and so the standard and type of show is the same on each ship. Also the visiting cabaret tend to spend time on different ships. You tend to get a comedian, a good singer & a tribute artist/band that will each do a couple of nights over a week.
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
J1WYX
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Went on Arcadia in Nov for a short cruise with my mum and really enjoyed the ship, I wouldn't say its more Formal being Adults only. You can still pick and choose if you want to dress up or not, plenty of entertainment around the ship day and night and I felt relaxed and looking forward to go again.

93,94 & 95 Comfort Inn, 97 Sheraton world, 00 Howard Johnson,01 Amerihost,04 H.I Nikki Bird,05 H.I Sunspree 07 Lake B Vista Village. Villa March 10 & Oct 12, New York & Glbrook Oct 13 Oct 15, Gran Canaria 16,Miami&villa 17 Villa 19 Vila 22, 23
J1WYX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List