Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by slaleyhall View Post
Im now fully up to date with your trip report and its absolutely great im loving reading this abd thanks so much for taking the time to write it all. Some great tips for food in the dining plan 4 wgen we go next year so thanks x
Thanks for that - I'm very flattered!

We'll be back next year, too - where are you planning to stay?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

This post really did make me giggle. I'm sorry to read you were so ill, you did so well pushing through all day. I don't think I would have been able too.

I'm impressed with Poot eating those snails too, I couldn't have

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
This post really did make me giggle. I'm sorry to read you were so ill, you did so well pushing through all day. I don't think I would have been able too.

I'm impressed with Poot eating those snails too, I couldn't have
You laugh at the suffering of others, DisneyBride? You're a hard woman...

I won't lie, snails are...not my favourite, either. But I was determined not to pass on any squeamishness to Poot. And I didn't. Yay?

Thanks for your comments!
Old 20 Feb 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
You laugh at the suffering of others, DisneyBride? You're a hard woman...
Is was this that got me the most. I could just picture how rough you felt and knew exactly that feeling

“Eat some Halloween candy for your dinner, watch the Weather Channel and don’t open the door to ANYONE”.
[/I][/B]

The next morning I found a chair braced underneath the door handle. I have no memory of putting it there but Poot tells me I did…

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Is was this that got me the most. I could just picture how rough you felt and knew exactly that feeling
Ahh...makes sense now!

It was funny, one of the commercials we kept seeing (on the Weather Channel, obviously) was this one:

Seriously, though - I'm so glad Poot is that little bit older...I suppose if he were tiny I'd have just made a pot of VERY STRONG coffee and then main-lined it until he fell asleep...this mothering business ain't for sissies!
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've tried precisely 1 snail, when I was in Paris many years ago. I found it to be chewy and garlicky. That said Poots attitude to the American lady amused me no end 😂. Why would you comment on anyone's food like that as an adult?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've tried precisely 1 snail, when I was in Paris many years ago. I found it to be chewy and garlicky. That said Poots attitude to the American lady amused me no end 😂. Why would you comment on anyone's food like that as an adult?
I KNOW, right?

I think it was the atmosphere in that little corner of the park - people were eating the snails "on a dare" and generally going "Eew!". Perhaps we should have been flattered to be included in the culturally insensitive bonhomie, no?...

Thanks for stopping by again, unixgirl - I promise that there are no more snails in this report!
Old 21 Feb 17, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for stopping by again, unixgirl - I promise that there are no more snails in this report!
I just saw a BBC item with Angela Jolie first pulling out the fangs of a tarantula, then cooking and chowing down on said tarantula and a scorpion. Snails are far preferable - they aren't that different from mussels which I do enjoy .
Loving the updates
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I just saw a BBC item with Angela Jolie first pulling out the fangs of a tarantula, then cooking and chowing down on said tarantula and a scorpion.

I try not to be one of the "eew" crowd - but in this discussion - I have JUST remembered the first time I went out to dinner with my (now) husband, and he ordered...tongue. When he offered me some I tried to make a joke of it, saying that I never eat food that can lick me back, but...eew. We all have our limits.

Moving on...I should get the next post (Dapper Day!) up by Friday - thanks for the encouragement!
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love Hide & Squeak! I'm impressed you managed it in a day, it took us three visits. The French one was the last one we found, I had a brain wave about it literally seconds before we heard a huge commotion as a large group also found him. To this day my OH claims I cheated! We picked the carrot pin.

I literally LOLed at the snails conversation, how rude of her to initiate that in the first place. I like snails too.

I actually think that's a lovely photo of you two with the tree.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the flag retreat, I've always wanted to see it but we're not often still in the park at that time of day.

Well done for battling through today, being ill on holiday is so frustrating! Howling at the chair underneath the door!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List