Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Feb 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love Hide & Squeak! I'm impressed you managed it in a day, it took us three visits. The French one was the last one we found, I had a brain wave about it literally seconds before we heard a huge commotion as a large group also found him. To this day my OH claims I cheated! We picked the carrot pin.

I literally LOLed at the snails conversation, how rude of her to initiate that in the first place. I like snails too.

I actually think that's a lovely photo of you two with the tree.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the flag retreat, I've always wanted to see it but we're not often still in the park at that time of day.

Well done for battling through today, being ill on holiday is so frustrating! Howling at the chair underneath the door!
Yes, the chair business is funny...now! Not so much at the time.

You are right, being ill on holiday is no fun - especially in a place like WDW, where I always seem to have a mental list of "tasks" to tick off my list ( ).

We were probably faster with the rat hunt because Poot is closer to the ground, lol...

He was actually lucky enough to trade for two of the other H&S pins later in the week - he now has the pepper, the eggplant and the bread...they are really cute pins.

I wish there were more "Ratatouille"-themed pins. Do you have this one? Perfect for you!

And thanks for your supportive comments about my "sick face"!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Am really enjoying your trip reports - as a mum of one son It is often just me and him, so nice to read your experiences with Poot (he has great taste in food, love a snail!). Looking forward to the next installment.
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by macchu picchu View Post
Am really enjoying your trip reports - as a mum of one son It is often just me and him, so nice to read your experiences with Poot (he has great taste in food, love a snail!). Looking forward to the next installment.
You're very kind - I'll tell Poot that you said so!

My DH works SO MANY HOURS (he's at work now, sigh) - Poot and I spend a lot of time together just the two of us. I try hard to stay in the moment and really appreciate it - he'll be away and independent soon enough. I bet you find it the same with your son - when you only have the one, your time as a mother of a "little one" passes in the blink of an eye, doesn't it?

Thanks for sticking with us!
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Yes, the chair business is funny...now! Not so much at the time.

You are right, being ill on holiday is no fun - especially in a place like WDW, where I always seem to have a mental list of "tasks" to tick off my list ( ).

We were probably faster with the rat hunt because Poot is closer to the ground, lol...

He was actually lucky enough to trade for two of the other H&S pins later in the week - he now has the pepper, the eggplant and the bread...they are really cute pins.

I wish there were more "Ratatouille"-themed pins. Do you have this one? Perfect for you!

And thanks for your supportive comments about my "sick face"!
I'm barely 5ft so I'm not sure if Poot has much of rat hunting advantage on me We were also veterans of the 2015 game so really should have been much savvier than we were.

I'm jealous that Poot managed to trade for some of the Ratatouille pins. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled this year.

I have never seen the Colette pin before! If I see one I will definitely snap it up. I like pins that have special meaning to us rather than just ones I think look good so it fits the bill perfectly.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm barely 5ft so I'm not sure if Poot has much of rat hunting advantage on me We were also veterans of the 2015 game so really should have been much savvier than we were.

I'm jealous that Poot managed to trade for some of the Ratatouille pins. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled this year.

I have never seen the Colette pin before! If I see one I will definitely snap it up. I like pins that have special meaning to us rather than just ones I think look good so it fits the bill perfectly.
I usually bemoan my silly Christian name, but Disney almost always has birthstone/birth month pins - so I have three or four now that say "April".

I also quite like the idea of collecting the alphabet pins (a la the Colette pin) and spelling names/monograms out with them.

No more pin talk! I must accomplish actual tasks now!
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great day (to read about), not so much to experience for you I'm sure.
I hate it when people think it's ok to comment negatively about what you are eating, very rude.
The chair and that you had no recollection made me laugh. Hope your illness is short lived.
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Great day (to read about), not so much to experience for you I'm sure.
I hate it when people think it's ok to comment negatively about what you are eating, very rude.
The chair and that you had no recollection made me laugh. Hope your illness is short lived.
When I read your comment I thought about that line from Pride and Prejudice -

Other people's troubles do make for good reading!

That snail woman...I lived in America a long time, so I am used to unsolicited comments - but not to KIDS!

Oh, and that chair under the door handle ( ) - I don't think I've done that since I was about nineteen and staying alone in a hotel for the first time...

Sorry about all the emojis in this reply - and thanks for commenting!
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Another great day - well done Poot for taking no nonsense from that daft woman, and well done you for toughing it out when feeling so ill! I'm afraid I'm another one who giggled at the barricaded door! And I only have one boy too, we should start a club
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Another great day - well done Poot for taking no nonsense from that daft woman, and well done you for toughing it out when feeling so ill! I'm afraid I'm another one who giggled at the barricaded door! And I only have one boy too, we should start a club
All of you out there laughing at me - you are HARD WOMEN!

It's funny that you're (yet) another mother of one son - I am naturally drawn to trippies with only children - and especially just Mother/Son ones, as we travel so often that way.

I had a very snobby English professor at University - and he always used to mock his students as readers by saying, "Thou Shalt NOT Identify With Characters in Novels!" - but there is a real resonance there that I find...comforting, somehow. Didn't expect me to get all serious on you now, did you?
Old 28 Feb 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh that woman was so rude to Poot! That's actually pretty terrible!

So sorry you were poorly! But you did so well to soldier on! Had to laugh at the chair under the door handle though! Haha! Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List