Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

RoL Fastpass?

Just thinking about Rivers of Light - we're currently scheduled to visit AK on Thursday 30th March, so I'm expecting to book fastpasses in a week's time. Currently I have it down as Kali Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest, but I wonder whether we may be better off ditching one of those (perhaps rope-dropping Everest as it'll still be early in the trip) and getting an FP for Rivers of Light instead - only a Thursday but with it only being 6 weeks from the opening date I don't really know how busy it'll be. I've not used FP for a show before so I don't really know how the system works. Any recommendations in this regard?

Cheers
Old 20 Feb 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The crowds have been pretty high for it so far but it's very early days. I'd switch out of your other Fastpasses and do that ride early instead eg. remove Safari but head there first thing in the morning so you can do it with a short wait.

Everest also has single rider if you're willing to split the party up. That would free a FP for RoL too.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HazelDK
Excited about Disney

HazelDK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you're on the dining plan they offer VIP seating with tusker and a couple of other restaurants and then you get to keep your 3 fastpasses?

disneyworld.disney.go/di...ining-package/
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies - I'm not honestly sure the dining plan is a good idea as it's quite expensive and no guarantee the fussier eaters in our party (i.e. the youngest!) will like what's on offer there - the menus seem a little adventurous, at least at AK. I'll probably switch out one of the fastpasses for it based on what I've heard.
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Just done the Tusker Rol package tonight and food is quite standard for us plenty of options for less adventurous, queues for Rol were big and diner package seating was dead centre and excellent view. We all loved the show, cast members advised us that for standby you had to queue 90 minutes before hand.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

You may struggle to get a fastpass for it at 30 days with it being so new and standby queues being so long.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Hmm - a bit worrying, but on opening week I'd understand it. On a Thursday, outside of school holidays, once the show's been running for 6 weeks, is it going to be that bad?

I'm also a bit perplexed how there can be a 90 minute queue for a show - surely you either fit in the auditorium or you don't? What am I missing here?

There were some tables available (although 4:45pm which is a bit earlier than I would have liked) on the dining plan, but with the estimated price of $50 a head, that's quite an expensive pass!

Oh, also - the dining packages don't seem available for 10 people - not sure I really want to split the group up unnecessarily for shows.

Edited at 11:47 AM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
Hmm - a bit worrying, but on opening week I'd understand it. On a Thursday, outside of school holidays, once the show's been running for 6 weeks, is it going to be that bad?

I'm also a bit perplexed how there can be a 90 minute queue for a show - surely you either fit in the auditorium or you don't? What am I missing here?

There were some tables available (although 4:45pm which is a bit earlier than I would have liked) on the dining plan, but with the estimated price of $50 a head, that's quite an expensive pass!

Oh, also - the dining packages don't seem available for 10 people - not sure I really want to split the group up unnecessarily for shows.
Basically there is only 5000 seats. From what I could see last night about half is FP and half standby. We got there at 6 for 7.15 show and got the last wheelchair space. It was more or less full by then. So if you want to see it on standby you have to be in the queue to go in pretty early. I guess the FPs stop when they reach the limit so perhaps you don't have to be there quite so early. Also I suggest taking a cushion. Those stone walls are not comfortable. They're selling parade cushions now $15 which help😳
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

That's what I'd expect - you're not queuing so much as gambling that you'll get there early enough. You guys twisted my arm - booked a dining reservation at Tiffins
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The lines have been horrendous this week but granted it is brand new. I'd try for a FPP as I would have been really disappointed if I had queued as I thought it was verging on rubbish personally. Worst new Disney attraction for years. We had the Tusker House dinner package and that was awful too. Dreadfully slow service to be seated, to receive drinks and empty food stations. I've eaten here a few times before and it has been fine but this week it was chaos when we were there. All the individual elements of the show are quite cool (apart from the actors on the boats which are too small to focus on) but it just doesn't hang together properly. They don't seem to have adjusted it for the elements they couldn't get working, they just appear to have missed them out. I think it's a massive fail sadly.