Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I think you need a good mix of different rides as we all like different things.
Personally I don't do 3D rides as they make me ill. Dh and dd2 love them

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
There REALLY is already more balance, people just don't seem to see it somehow... I'm puzzled

Coasters - Hulk, Rip ride Rocket, duelling dragons, Flight of the hippogryph, woody woodpecker

Fairground - Storm force accelatron, Caroseusel, one fish 2 fish, twirl and hurl, high in the sky train

Other - dark/wet/ride ET, cat in the hat, men in black, ripsaw falls, jurassic park, popeye barges, Dr doom, Skull island

Shows
The Blues Brothers, Universal Horror Make-Up,Fear Factor Live. Cinematic Spectacular.
Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show. Poseidon's Fury.

3/4 D shows and sims - T2, Shrek 4th, Minions, Mummy, Gringotts, Forbidden journey, Simpsons Transformers and Spiderman and soon to be Jimmy Fallon

Alongside parades, street shows and character meet and greets

Something for everybody in that lot - don't get why people say it is all simulators.
totally agree. That's one of the reasons we love Universal - we all love coasters, water rides and most simulators (cannot handle The Simpsons) so enjoy the variety
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

They maybe don't suit you but they do make some people happy.
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Ruined? Not yet. They would if every single ride was one, but I highly doubt that's ever going to happen. When I first rode Spiderman in 01 it was one of the best theme park rides I'd ever experienced, I still find these sorts of rides excellent. The only ride I'm not sure really needed to be 3D is Skull Island, but not having ridden yet I'll reserve judgement until I've actually tried it.
Old 22 Feb 17, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post

For me it is about having the right number of each different ride type in the park, and there are good and bad of all categories.

Personally I prefer physical theming over a 3D attraction, however Ratatouille at DLP was a really good laugh. But thing is, how many simulators are there in DLP? (Star Tours was shut when we went). And then there is Ice Age 4D at PortAventura which is a snoozefest. It's about balance, it's like it would be boring if a theme park had only stand-up rollercoasters to offer.

Considering we sit in front of screens most of the time in our day to day lives, I go to theme parks to get away from them.

VR is very different to the standard 3D attraction, biggest complaint I have is that the headsets are not designed for such heavy usage. Hence the reason why Derren Brown's Ghost Train has been rarely open, and Galactica has also had a number of complaints regarding technical problems. I don't like the idea of VR, unless I'm at home playing games. It's a clever bit of kit, but for me it doesn't belong in a theme park environment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Currently out here now and we felt a lot of the rides at universal seemed to samey with the 3D projection being prominent. Was nice doing the old school ones more than the new 3D ones.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm not a big fan of 3D although Spider-Man blew me away when I went on it & I love ratatouille in DLP. I think it's fine if it's in balance i.e not every ride & not just 3D for the sake of it.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Universal Studios has always been my favourite park because I can manage nearly all the rides except Rip Ride Rocket. It means I can participate in the day instead of being bag holder. So, it's enhancing it for me, not ruining it. Personal choice again, I suppose?
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
There REALLY is already more balance, people just don't seem to see it somehow... I'm puzzled

Coasters - Hulk, Rip ride Rocket, duelling dragons, Flight of the hippogryph, woody woodpecker

Fairground - Storm force accelatron, Caroseusel, one fish 2 fish, twirl and hurl, high in the sky train

Other - dark/wet/ride ET, cat in the hat, men in black, ripsaw falls, jurassic park, popeye barges, Dr doom, Skull island

Shows
The Blues Brothers, Universal Horror Make-Up,Fear Factor Live. Cinematic Spectacular.
Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show. Poseidon's Fury.

3/4 D shows and sims - T2, Shrek 4th, Minions, Mummy, Gringotts, Forbidden journey, Simpsons Transformers and Spiderman and soon to be Jimmy Fallon

Alongside parades, street shows and character meet and greets

Something for everybody in that lot - don't get why people say it is all simulators.
this ^^

i was going to list them yesterday but couldnt be bothered... its one of the items that pops up on here every now & then that universal is all simulators, which it plainly isnt..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sem1604 View Post
Currently out here now and we felt a lot of the rides at universal seemed to samey with the 3D projection being prominent. Was nice doing the old school ones more than the new 3D ones.
hence why there is a balanced mix

if there were all 'old school' people would be twisting about that !
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List