Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 08, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Just booked our first cruise!

Hi,

We have just booked our first Disney cruise, using their new kids go free offer

I have always wanted to do a cruise, but DH was not too sure about it, but our 3 night trip to universal was getting very expensive for next March so I checked prices and it worked out only £120 more to the cruise in a cat 6 cabin and that didn't include the food at universal.

I asked the family last night and they all agreed to cancel the hotel and book the cruise so I have It will be nice to do something different and although it's only 3 nights (I'd rather do the longer one ) We will see whether we all enjoy it and may-be book a longer on next time

I'd better read up what i need to take/do now
Old 14 Dec 08, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Kate
It's so exciting booking your first cruise. We did 3 nights last year and it was amazing. Like you said the 3 night gives you a taster and leaves you wanting more. You'll have a great time.
Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 08, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneydreamer View Post
... We did 3 nights last year and it was amazing. Like you said the 3 night gives you a taster and leaves you wanting more...
Totally agree - we did our first 3 nighter last summer and have booked a 4 night one for next summer DS (10 at the time) and DD (9) had the very best time and they were more keen to go back than us (they don't know that we're doing another one next summer)

have a read of some of the trip reports on the cruise board, they'll get you excited about the cruise even more

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 08, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
congratulations! I'm sure you'll all have a great time... welcome to the land of the cruise fanatics! Have a read of the trip reports and all the 'stickies' ...info posted at the top of the forum. Don't hesitate if you have any questions...and happy planning!
Old 16 Dec 08, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Fantastic news .. well done Kate.
We did the 3 night in Sept and I've put lots of photos in my trip report so people can see the ship in all her glory!

My top tip would be to utilise the childrens clubs as much as possible and relax by the adult only pool for a while .. oh dear God, it's lovely!

We booked again while onboard (2010) to get a good discount but we're pushing it back to 2011 when the dates are released as it's my 40th .. such a long time away though
Old 16 Dec 08, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Many thanks to you all

I'm so excited it's quite daft I've been reading all your trip reports which have got me even more excited

I know I'll have loads of questions as the time gets nearer so be prepared

Anybody stayed in cabin No. 6058?

There wasn't alot of choice left, it's near the lifts which I'm abit concerned about, but all the cabins left were so not much differnece between them. I checked the dreamunlimited website and it had ok reviews so fingers crossed!

Thanks again
Old 16 Dec 08, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
... Anybody stayed in cabin No. 6058?...
We were in 6558 on the opposite side of the ship and had to be moved after the first night because of excessive noise in the middle of the night from deck cleaning machines. There's no mention of noise on the Dis stateroom report in 6058 so I think the problem was only on our side of the ship.

Apart from the noise it was a great location and really handy for everything. Being near the lifts wasn't a problem, it was actually a bonus

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 08, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread